Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #1

RV walk through check list?

heya everyone

I am new here, and pretty new to RVing in general, next week we take possession of our new Sabre Silhouette 320FQDS 5er, was wondering if any of you have a check list that I could use when we do our walkthrough next thursday, I have read a few things on here to watch out for, I am a carpenter by trade so having to do the odd thing here and there doesn't scare me in the slightest. But would be real nice to have a check list that we could go through to make life easier, because I know we are gonna be so very excited that we will miss alot if there are any issues.

thanks in advance
Randy
RVarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #2

Here is one I found last year. (Sorry to original author but I can't remember where I got it.) Do a search on the forum and you will find several threads with good info as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI Checklist.pdf (70.9 KB, 4773 views)
Old 06-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #3

wow great list, thanks,
I'm thinking they might not be too happy with me if I bring that list, lol but what the hell I'm dishing out some serious coin for this camper
RVarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #4

Send a copy to your dealer/PDI associate. Let them know that you will be using this as a checklist. Most expect a 2 hour inspection, but that list can take 3-4 hours if followed full on your unit (large 5'er)
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #5

Hi and good luck.as funny as this may sound make sure you go on the roof with a hose and wet every nook and cranny of it that you can see.big mistake I made,after taking delivery last year on a new 2306 on my 2nd trip out I woke up to a wet pillow where water had been dripping in from the overhead cabinet.brought it back to the dealer 1 week later they had dicored the seam at the front of the camper.ok sounds right.nope next trip still wet.i did my own work with eternabond on all the seams and repaired it myself,or so I thought still leaking.i noticed that the gutter was filling up with water because of some small leaves getting stuck where the screws that hold the awning up are located,bingo thus the water was getting in.all fixed now.long story but everyone needs to soak the roof down good and check all there cabinets and ceiling inside for leaks while they do the pdi.
dtb7811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #6

Rebel,

I don't see the checklist that you are referring to. Did you send it to them as a p m? Any chance you could send me the check list also please?

Thanks!
WNY Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY Family View Post
Rebel,

I don't see the checklist that you are referring to. Did you send it to them as a p m? Any chance you could send me the check list also please?

Thanks!
Looked at PM but it does not allow attachments. I could not see the attachment in the thread on my phone app as well. But you can click the menu while in the thread and select "Open Browser" . The file is a PDF. You may need to get it from a computer instead of your phone. PM your email address if you need me to email. Sorry.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVarcher View Post
wow great list, thanks,
I'm thinking they might not be too happy with me if I bring that list, lol but what the hell I'm dishing out some serious coin for this camper
I sent the list to my dealer and he was fine. He also had a PDI list that we actually used but it covered most of the items on this listing. I also let him know I was following this forum so I could be more educated on the systems (I was<am> a newbie last fall.) He was glad to hear that and was not offended. Less time for him starting at RV basics. Spent about 3 hours and included a tour of the roof (but did not hose it down!). Have DW video w/ your phone or pics while you take notes. Advantage for me was dealing with the manager and built a good repoire. He did the PDI and the walk-thru with me while the service guys installed my hitch. Still good friends, wife takes him cookies!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #9

How do you like ur 3002W!?

Oh, wow! We just ordered a 2013 today from RVW! They seem so rare! You have 1-1/2 bath, right? Ours will be retirement home in several yrs so had to have that! Hope to stay in touch but very new to RVng & to this forum. Love em both! Chris J
jonesfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfit View Post
Oh, wow! We just ordered a 2013 today from RVW! They seem so rare! You have 1-1/2 bath, right? Ours will be retirement home in several yrs so had to have that! Hope to stay in touch but very new to RVng & to this forum. Love em both! Chris J
I could be considered new to Columbus, as I have not ordered one yet. But I have been traveling in an rv (Jayco Designer 5er) for going on five years. I totally recommend the life! Let me know if you have questions about that.
Nancy
ritzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote