Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #1

RV wholesalers in Ohio

Just purchased a new 320rs from Rv Wholesalers in Ohio. Had a little glitch but the owner Dave stepped in and I hope took care of the problem. I will post further after I take delivery. Hoping this to be a good experience. I am driving 4 hours to pick it up so hopefully no problems as I have advised them of the problems with the 320 and to make absolutely sure these problems are addressed.
dkwin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Columbus 302 rs

We picked up our 320rs there Monday and are back in Virginia now.
We are first timers and the experiences so far will make great material for a book. Spent the first night at Lakeview State Park which is really a wonderful spot and met a couple that have been fifth wheeling for years. They gave us some great help with
doing our first backing in, unhitching and dealing with a front jack that gave us problems that didn't happen during the delivery inspection. Returned to RV Wholesalers in the morning and their staff fixed it right away. Big storm that night and again last night at Rocky Gap State Park in Maryland which is another beautiful place.
A few problems have cropped up since the drive home but we can deal with them. It's a lovely unit and I'm hoping it's durable.
TheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Columbus 302 rs

The education we've received on this forum and U-Tube have been a great help.
For example learning about the autotransformer instead of a simple surge suppressor, A heated hose for winter camping, etc and lots more.
The help we got from the couple at Lakeview State Park in Ohio our first night was priceless and they wouldn't accept anything but our thanks.
I also appreciated the repairs done by the RV Wholesalers service staff to not only our unit but our new hitch that turned out to be defective. We purchased and installed the hitch in Virginia before going to pick up the Columbus. They got on the phone with the manufacturer and got us going in a couple of hours.
TheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #4

I just thought I would throw in our experience with RV Wholesalers...

We purchased a brand new Palamino Sabre 36QBOK from them and had it delivered to us in California from Ohio. No issues they were great working us through the process of purchasing our first new RV.

They also have been very helpful in dealing with some small issues that have come up.... nothing that they did... and are making sure all of our issues are resolved under warranty.

In summary I would highly recommend RV Wholesalers.
Jdulworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Ski

Like you I picked up a Rockwood trailer from RVW in May. Had a problem with a leather Lazy boy chair that was damaged, and it was left with them. They promised a new one would be shipped imediately by Rockwood. Since then it has been impossible to get a straight answer from RVW. All they do is say will check and get back, they never do. They won't connect me to the owner or manager. It has been 3 months and still no chair.

Be very carefull if you buy from them as their interest in you after they get your money is zero, and they still have my $500 chair. I am really glad I didn't waste $1900 on their warrany as it would probably be unusable.
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Like you I picked up a Rockwood trailer from RVW in May. Had a problem with a leather Lazy boy chair that was damaged, and it was left with them. They promised a new one would be shipped imediately by Rockwood. Since then it has been impossible to get a straight answer from RVW. All they do is say will check and get back, they never do. They won't connect me to the owner or manager. It has been 3 months and still no chair.

Be very carefull if you buy from them as their interest in you after they get your money is zero, and they still have my $500 chair. I am really glad I didn't waste $1900 on their warrany as it would probably be unusable.
Try sending Dave Durnell, the co-owner of RVW a private message as he's a member on the forum (ddurnell). It's certainly worked on here in the past to get problems resolved.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Ski

Thanks for the info.
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #8

Ok, we picked up our 320rs from RV wholesalers yesterday. We purchased the unit sight unseen (only from pictures from the internet) and I can say the unit is much more impressive in person. There were a few minor issues during the walk-thru but I will tell you that the owner Dave stepped right in and rook care of these and made sure I was happy.

I picked the unit up with my father so when I got the unit home the wife naturally had gone thru the unit and found a few "minor" problems that I will contact RVW about in hopes to get replacement parts sent to me so I can change (a gouged step and a scratched dresser top). I will post further on that after I hear from RVW.

All in all I would recommend RVW to friends. You can't beat their pricing and I was pleased with the pick-up. Now understand that I have had the unit for less than 1 day and that could all change if the customer service of the servicing and warranty department does not live up to my expectations.

FYI- My salesman was Kelly Tussing and I would highly recommend him. He made sure all was handled and moving forward during my pick-up.
dkwin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #9

We didn't buy a new unit but if we did, we would probably buy it there. As a farmboy, I prefer to buy things in a cornfield.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #10

Does anyone know anything about the 295RL. The 320 is too long
waynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #11

I bought two units from them. First was back in 08 (took out by hail) and second was this year. 1250 mile one way for me but spending a grand or so to save 8000 is worth it. Kelly was my sales guy this time as well and no problems.
Jeff
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #12

Smile My RVW Experience

I purchased [2] units from RVW. The first was a R-Vision in 2004 and the second was a Sabre 31RETS-6 last year. Both experiences were 100% positive. I too dealt with both Kelly and Mike [the owner] rate their service as 11 on a 1-10 scale. In fact when all was said and done, I beat Kelly up so bad he deserved a raise :-). At our RV park our Sabre has generated at least [2] additional sales for Palomino. One went to RVW and another went to a dealer in Texas because there was a trade involved and the owner didn't want to go thru the hassles of a private sale.
poorturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #13

I have been very pleased with RVW

My camper came with a 13.5 BTU a/c and the agreement I signed said 15K. They sent me a replacement unit without any hassle. My FIL purchased one upon my recommendation from RVW and one of the stabilizer jacks was damaged when delivered. They sent him 2 new BAL jacks (much nicer than factory) and a set of the leveling blocks for his trouble. I have nothing but praise for the service I have received. Kelly Tussing was my salesperson as well, and I highly recommend both him and RVW.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote