Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #21

I purchased a 2013 Solaire 201SS from RVW last year. The purchase process was seamless and RVW was very professional. I live in in a rural California town and had several warranty issues. One was an awing replacement and the other was delamanation on the exterior sidewall. RVW contacted an awing dealer to replace my awing without any problem. RVW then arranged for my RV to be picked up at my house and transported back to the factory for a new side wall and returned to my house free of charge. Can't get much better than that ! RVW did try to sell me an expensive extended warranty (cost of several thousand of dollars) and failed to tell me that Forest River has an extended warranty for $150.00 for my model. I contacted Forest River and was able to extend my warranty through them. I would definitely purchase another RV from RVW.
Steveinthehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

How do they work your pdi if you get the trailer delivered to you instead of going to them?
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #23

Regarding their five year extended warranty - they knocked off another percentage point if I took it. Doing the math, it was less expensive to take the 5 year extended warranty and the extra percentage point off, then not. To me, it was a bargain! I'm covered -and- saved more money.
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #24

I arranged for my mechanic, who is an RV guy, to give me the PDI. I was told by RVW that their shop would perform a PDI inspection prior to the RV leaving the dealership. Nobody mentioned taking a point off my loan if I went for the 5 year warranty. This purchase was a a real leap of faith for me. Our first RV, bought sight unseen, with the dealership 2500 miles away. I had looked at a lot of RV's in California when I got online and found this trailer, liked the floor plan and the price could not be beat. The only caveat was that I could not pay cash and had to maintain the loan that RVW originated for at least one year before it could be payed off.
Steveinthehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #25

We bought our TT directly from them in Lakeview. That's where they are located. At the time we bought our TT they were going through some changes since the employees that helped us didn't know much about TTs and she couldn't get much help.

We got a heck of a deal in our TT to the point that when we traded it in they gave us more than we bought it for.

We had all sorts of Dometic refrigerator problems and they quickly sent out techs to our campsite to fix it up. Our favorite camping is very close by.

I highly recommend them.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #26

I purchased from RVW in 2013. I am extremely satisfied, and they delivered the TT to my seasonal lot. The service from Brad Jackson has been outstanding. In fact Brad was able to put me in direct contact with Forest River/Palomino for 2 different issues, none of the major things just little stuff that happens. Again we handled everything over the phone and saved SEVERAL THOUSAND OVER THE LOCAL DEALER PRICE WHICH INCLUDED DELIVERY!. Good Luck to you!

2014 Puma 30RKSS
16 nites in 2014, and counting...
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #27

RVW beats anyone out here in Oregon by apr $8000.00 and that's after deducting the $3000.00 most dealers tack on for shipping from Elkhart. I've done builds on a Columbus 295 and 320. RVW beats the locals easily. Well worth my drive east when in the market next time.
I think the dealers out here are figuring that no one will travel that far to save $$$. And for the most part they're probably right.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
RVW beats the locals easily. Well worth my drive east when in the market next time.
I think the dealers out here are figuring that no one will travel that far to save $$$. And for the most part they're probably right.
this is so true and why West Coast dealers jack up prices.
when we shopping back in 2006, 3 dealers dared me to drive to the Midwest, if i wanted prices like that.
i knew they were daring me because they probably know that most will rather get ripped off, than make the drive.

well, we aren't like others and drove to Chicago to get our new HTT and still saved over $4k, even after trip costs. just made a camping trip out of the return.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:18 PM   #29

I purchased my Puma 5th wheel 295 over the phone and drove from Massachusetts to pick it up great owner great pricing and support ... With local warranty work .... I would do it over again in a heartbeat !!!
Pullingpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #30

When I was researching purchase of 2014 320RS, I found RVDirect to have the best price and their reviews were good on the buying and delivery process. I took their price to Camping World, where two stores in N Calif would not even talk to me, but the Las Vegas store (where I live) came in with price only $3,500 above RV Direct which included local delivery, saving me about $2K+ in costs to go get unit in Des Moines thru RVDirect. For $1,500 difference I bought locally.
ks1151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #31

RV Dealers

I would check out Cheyenne RV in Walcott Iowa. We bought our there are are extremely happy.They have great prices and we have been happy with them
jackdi is offline   Reply With Quote