Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #1

rvwholesalers

with in the next few weeks im gonna place an order on a 36qbok i was wondering cuz i couldnt find anything on here has anyone delt with rvwholesalers? any info would be great thanks
KW Lawncare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
Site Team

Look in the dealer review section here. I have read where they have been very responsive to customer concerns.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f92/

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #3

ok thank you
Old 06-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
Always Learning

I've never bought from them, but seeing their interactions with customers here gives me enough confidence that I would in the future.

I also love my 36QBOK!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Lawncare View Post
cuz i couldnt find anything on here has anyone delt with rvwholesalers? any info would be great thanks
there are literally hundreds of posts and threads about RVWholesalers, here and other large RV forums, like RV.net.

a simple search on any RV forum or looking at the Dealer Review sub-forum here, will get you all the info you need.

here's what i got using the search feature here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rv+w...y=4&gws_rd=ssl

on a personal note, based on what i've read on the many RV forums i frequent and the co-owner's responses/assistance to members here, i'll be buying my next RV from them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #6

I found a bunch of info on rvwholesalers after I searched this hole website
Old 06-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #7

We bought from them in 2010 and were very satisfied. We would buy from them again.
maconandk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #8
Oklahoma Proud

Just an fyi.
Thier (rvw) online msrp is inflated, and thus gives the appearance of a better discount.
I built one (36qbok) on their website and the msrp was a little over $70k (like $70,150 or something like that) and I believe that shipping is on top of that.
When I got my exactly the same options, trailer from my dealer (not rvw) the actual factory msrp was somewhere just above $66k and that included shipping costs. (Everywhere else the highest msrp I've seen was mid $60s, and I looked at about every dealer on the web.)

That is/would be somewhat of a turn off for me.

Besides one of their sales guys called me just after I ordered my 36 from my dealer, and wondered why I didn't buy from him, I said he (rvw) was higher (yes real price, not msrp price). He said that he had never been beat by price by anybody west of the Mississippi. I said " well now you have and by about $1500" then he tryed arguing with me about it ? Ok, whatever, I know how math works. That really tee'd me off.

I think others have had good experiences, but mine wasn't the best.

Millertime- Sabre Handler
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Just an fyi.
Thier (rvw) online msrp is inflated, and thus gives the appearance of a better discount.
I built one (36qbok) on their website and the msrp was a little over $70k (like $70,150 or something like that) and I believe that shipping is on top of that.
When I got my exactly the same options, trailer from my dealer (not rvw) the actual factory msrp was somewhere just above $66k and that included shipping costs. (Everywhere else the highest msrp I've seen was mid $60s, and I looked at about every dealer on the web.)

That is/would be somewhat of a turn off for me.

Besides one of their sales guys called me just after I ordered my 36 from my dealer, and wondered why I didn't buy from him, I said he (rvw) was higher (yes real price, not msrp price). He said that he had never been beat by price by anybody west of the Mississippi. I said " well now you have and by about $1500" then he tryed arguing with me about it ? Ok, whatever, I know how math works. That really tee'd me off.

I had the same thing happen with them on my last rig. They gave me there low price and I shopped it. Did about 1500 cheaper here locally and then they called me and whined that I should of bought from them. I told them they got beat on price and they said no way.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:59 AM   #10
DW's 401(k) Plan

I also tried to deal with RVW when I was looking for my Flagstaff (they had the Rockwood twin). Their price was close, but they couldn't make it worth my while to drive out and pick the trailer up - or deliver it to me. I found my trailer 70 miles from home and had a great experience with the dealer.

I was also a little concerned with RVW with their pitch about financing with them. Got a bit of a discount, but that concerned me.

But, like others have said, they have had good experiences. Not everyone is the same and everyone negotiates differently.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:07 AM   #11
CCRVOC

Nobody pays MSRP, (unless they see you coming). It seems like dealers can establish what they want. It is the bottom line price that matters. We had a great experience and saved a pile of dough buying from RV Nation in Ohio, and traveled 1300 miles round trip to pick it up.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Recks View Post
Nobody pays MSRP, (unless they see you coming). It seems like dealers can establish what they want. It is the bottom line price that matters. We had a great experience and saved a pile of dough buying from RV Nation in Ohio, and traveled 1300 miles round trip to pick it up.
We did the same with RV Direct. Dealt with them by internet, they are in Albany NY we are in Texas. Took delivery in Orlando FL, 1200 mi one way from Texas. Stayed in FL close to three weeks camping from Orlando to the the Keys, camped all the way back to Texas. Turned our delivery into a 5 week camping trip. Would do it again and would buy from them again.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:39 AM   #13

I bought from rvw a year ago. Would do it again too. But depending on your location, Cheyenne camper sales in Iowa has a similar or better price and seems better to deal with to me. I wasn't able to buy from them at the time, but will definitely give them a shot for the next one.

Sent from my XT1060 using Forest River Forums mobile app
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #14

I bought from RVW. Pick it up next week. I shopped all over the net. I ordered one that had more options than the ones on the net and they still beat other prices. Haven't received it yet but I've talked to them several times and they are real helpful. I have also bought some things from their online store and their prices seem real good. Ordered Monday and got it Thursday.
Spur of the Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #15

Bought my QBOK from RVW and had delivered in NOV. Saved $12k vs local dealer. Decent experience with them. Had some issue/confusion early in process. D. Durnell of RVW dealt with quickly and rectified, would buy from again if price is right!
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

I have not bought from RVW, but would based on most of the positive stories I've heard and Dave Durnell's presence on FRF helping their customers who posted problems.

That is, I would buy from them if the savings were significant enough to warrant giving up my local dealer, who has very good service. When I bought our current camper, RVW was only (very) slightly better than my local dealer so I couldn't justify buying remotely to save a couple of hundred $'s.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #17
Minnesotan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Just an fyi.
Thier (rvw) online msrp is inflated,

I had a similar experience...they were $2000 - $2500 more than the 2 local dealer quotes that I got. In addition the guy called me constantly and even several times after I told him he was higher.
kaschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:50 AM   #18

Just bought from RVW last week. Their price on a 2015 Sabre 33RETS was $5k cheaper than my local dealer who had a 2014. The local dealer's MSRP was only $3k higher than RVW. When I told the local sales manager the RVW price, he told me to buy it and that he couldn't even get remotely close. We'll see how they do with prep when I pick it up next month on our way to Alaska.
N737FP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #19

We bought our Rockwood from RVW, saving us $14k from what the local dealer was asking for the same unit. We had ours delivered, 2000 miles. The experience was great. Zero problems with the trailer so far.
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #20

Thank you for all your experiences