Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #1

Sabre 2010 main slider floor falling out

Has anyone experienced this sad happening of the floor at the side of the slider dropping? I think the Flexsteel sofa is much too heavy for that SINGLE piece of plywood to support. The dinning table is also on a slope downward because of this no supported floor. Any advice out there.......thanks in advance MrMusic
MrMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMusic View Post
Has anyone experienced this sad happening of the floor at the side of the slider dropping? I think the Flexsteel sofa is much too heavy for that SINGLE piece of plywood to support. The dinning table is also on a slope downward because of this no supported floor. Any advice out there.......thanks in advance MrMusic
Dear Mr. Music,
Did you purchase your unit new or used? What model do you own and what is the last 7 digits of your vin number?

SabreSam
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #3

Falling Floor

Hi Sabresam, yes we are the original owners of this 5th. The model is year 2010 31 RLTS-6. The serial # is SR3002705 and was purchased new on April 2010. There were problems with 1 piece of plywood under the rubber roof either not been glued or screwed down. It was stretching upward on the rubber when it was warm outside. I screwed it down into a roof truss right through the rubber roof and sealed it with the proper sealer. There have been other small problems but I'm a handy guy and don't like to complain......until now. I have pictures of the defects if anyone wants to see them. Any help would be appreciated...Frank
Old 01-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

post them !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #5

As soon as I find out how to I will post all the pics here
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Here to Help

Slideout floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMusic View Post
Hi Sabresam, yes we are the original owners of this 5th. The model is year 2010 31 RLTS-6. The serial # is SR3002705 and was purchased new on April 2010. There were problems with 1 piece of plywood under the rubber roof either not been glued or screwed down. It was stretching upward on the rubber when it was warm outside. I screwed it down into a roof truss right through the rubber roof and sealed it with the proper sealer. There have been other small problems but I'm a handy guy and don't like to complain......until now. I have pictures of the defects if anyone wants to see them. Any help would be appreciated...Frank
Dear Frank,
Please send me your contact information in a PM and I will forward the information to our warranty department.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #7

roof problem

as mentioned in a previous post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	22725   Click image for larger version

Name:	2b.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	22726   Click image for larger version

Name:	2c.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	22727   Click image for larger version

Name:	2d.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	22728  
Old 01-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #8

Slider Floor Sabre

Here are the pics of the SLIDER FLOOR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Slider Floor 1.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	22731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slider Floor 2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	22732   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slider Floor 3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	22733  
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #9

Roof and floor problems

Did you find out what caused your two problems???
Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #10

Two problems

It appears to me, while being built at the factory someone forgot to secure that piece of plywood to the roof rafters. As far as the slider floor is concerned, I think that is a design flaw. Two things here also. The weight of the flex steel sofa/bed is too heavy for the long unsupported floor (over12 feet) and when the slider is in and slightly up at floor level, the sofa flexes the floor too much as you are driving down the roads. After checking another large Sabre 5th wheel the design of that slider (the same as mine) allows the floor edges at either end to be exposed to the weather elements. There should have been an aluminum angle attachéd at each end to protect the exposed floor. (IMHO) The bedroom slider has the angle metal to protect the ends of the floor plywood.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #11

Ive got a very similar situation with my slide floor. I have a 2007 F30RES and bought it during the autumn with it on a pitch, slide was out and all hooked up. We used it 4 weekends before moving it and never noticed any problems but when I tried to bring the slide room in it tilted out at the top and I thought it was going to fall out... Luckily I managed to pull the top of the slide in from the inside and we got it closed up.
Took the unit to a repair shop (Im in the UK by the way, so no dealership to speak of) and the guys there were very knowledgeable, told me they had seen a few like this and that the ply floor had basically come away from the stud walls at the side of the slide room (due to it being left on a pitch for many months with the slide out). Its been in their repair shop waiting its turn for work but the plan is to dry it out thoroughly, inject some sealer, then use long screws to pull that floor up to the wooden batons at the bottom of the side walls. MrMusic, is that what youre showing on your photos?
Ive attached a couple pics which you can see the ply floor sagging out of the bottom of the slide room. The pics werent of that fault particularly as I didnt know I had it at the time...
Im really praying these guys can fix it. It also has a leak on the back wall (not inside the trailer) and so that needs work too. If only I had known what I was looking at when I bought it... We still love it though and really hope it can be repaired!
Simon
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Close up slide floor 1.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	23412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Close up slide floor 2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	23413  
Maverick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #12

Sorry for the delay in my answer. The problem in mine was that a little water was sucked into the end of the plywood that extends down from the room at the ends. That caused the staples to release and the extra heavy Flexsteel sofa made the floor sag. I crawled underneath and screwed that floor back up to the aluminum frame. I recaulked the exposed plywood ends and I put an adjustable stand under that section of floor when the slider is out. In my humble opinion, there should have been aluminum angle attached to those areas of the sliders. My 5th wheel is going back to the factory to fix this issue and a roof issue. I am also thinking of removing this very heavy sofabed and putting in it's place a lighter sofa only. If you want to get hold of me easier my email address is mrmusicspad@gmail.com