Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #1

Sabre 31 RETS-6-A/C condensate draining off back down on back window

New 2012 Sabre 31 RETS-6. This is the second time we have used the air conditioner and noticed the condensate runs directly to the back and down the back window. First time out I thought I may have not had the 5th. wheel completely level. I currently have it perfectly level and the condensate rolls right off the back and down the back window, quite a gush of water when the A/C cuts off. Looking at the roof ridge there is the traditional bead of Dicor but it isn't high enough to direct the condensate water to the side edges and into the small gutter.

This is my third fifth wheel and have never had this problem.

Anyone with this problem? Any suggestion on how to correct it? SabreSam, any suggestions?

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #2

How about something like this?

EZE RV Gutter System, 10' - Product - Camping World
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I wonder if you could put that across the back ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006
New 2012 Sabre 31 RETS-6. This is the second time we have used the air conditioner and noticed the condensate runs directly to the back and down the back window. First time out I thought I may have not had the 5th. wheel completely level. I currently have it perfectly level and the condensate rolls right off the back and down the back window, quite a gush of water when the A/C cuts off. Looking at the roof ridge there is the traditional bead of Dicor but it isn't high enough to direct the condensate water to the side edges and into the small gutter.

Anyone with this problem? Any suggestion on how to correct it? SabreSam, any suggestions?
I will ask the plant for ideas on Monday.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Thats what I did with mine, it worked like a charm
Old 05-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post

RET20065:
I had the exact same situation. My dealer re-torqued the AC hold down screws and the problem went away. I have my 31RETS-6 a year since and have not seen any evidence of condensate in that area. Steve
spat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spat61 View Post
RET20065:
I had the exact same situation. My dealer re-torqued the AC hold down screws and the problem went away. I have my 31RETS-6 a year since and have not seen any evidence of condensate in that area. Steve
The water from the AC has to go somewhere, where im from water flows downhill, and the AC unit is mounted downhill, If there is no water coming off the condenser then the AC isnt working, or its leaking into your RV