Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #1

Question Sabre 32 BHOK-help with some specifics

Hello, my name is Bucky and I am new to the forum. My wife and I are looking for a new 5th wheel and have some specific questions on the Sabre 32 BHOK. There are not any local dealers that have it on the lot (so we can't see) and dealers I have spoken with can't get the information. Can anyone with a 32 BHOK help? Really would like some information prior to ordering without knowing.....

--Bunk area: how large is the bunk area? IE: specific deminsions between the bunks and the TV cabinet and bunks and door entry? Can't tell if it is 4ftx3ft or much smaller?
--Also in the bunk area: how many feet/inches between the top bunk and ceiling?
Just wanting to make sure out son has adequate room in the bunk house for him and his friend to hang out.

---Quality: How is the 32 BHOK holding up? Is it a good value for $$$?

---Upgrades: Looking to get the theatre seats instead of couch? Anyone get this upgrade and is it too crowded?

----Upgrades: Anyone do the partcial paint upgrade? Does it look much better than the standard outside?

---And 1 more question: Anyone buy from larger dealers, IE RV Wholesalers? Good experience???

Thanks if you have some of this information.
rbeddingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #2

Turbo has one i believe. I'll PM him and ask him to answer here so i can see too. thinking of the same rig.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #3

My parents have one and we have spent a ton of time in it before we bought our Roo last year so I will chip in. I think theirs is a 2010 so I don't know if the floor plan has changed at all.

The bunk house has very little floor space. My kids are little and they can play in there but any older I would say no, unless they were on a bunk. The beds themselves are nice and roomy, much larger hen those in our Roo. I have slept on on of the top bunks many times and had plenty of head room.

My parents are very happy with the quality. They have 4 grandkids 5 and under and they all hang out in there. It has held up very well even with destructive fiddlers banging on the glass door.

I cant answer any of the other questions you asked but I hope what I have answered helps. It really is an awesome camper. It is like living in luxury compared to ours.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #4

we have a 12 model, so i cant answer all of your ?'s. lots of room for sleeping in the bunk area, i am pretty tall and dont have any height issues, floor space is only large enough to access the closet and to change clothes. we went thru a local dealer, but they matched the larger wholesalers pricing. we have been thru 8 states and around 10k on miles and it is doing well. like the outside kitchen ALOT!
mtl roofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm heading home from work pretty quick I'll get you some dimensions soon.

Albeit mine is an 11 it should be pretty close.

Bought ours at.
Www.Cheyennecampingcenter.com

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeddingfield View Post
Hello, my name is Bucky and I am new to the forum. My wife and I are looking for a new 5th wheel and have some specific questions on the Sabre 32 BHOK. There are not any local dealers that have it on the lot (so we can't see) and dealers I have spoken with can't get the information. Can anyone with a 32 BHOK help? Really would like some information prior to ordering without knowing.....

--Bunk area: how large is the bunk area? IE: specific deminsions between the bunks and the TV cabinet and bunks and door entry? Can't tell if it is 4ftx3ft or much smaller?
--Also in the bunk area: how many feet/inches between the top bunk and ceiling?
Just wanting to make sure out son has adequate room in the bunk house for him and his friend to hang out.

---Quality: How is the 32 BHOK holding up? Is it a good value for $$$?

---Upgrades: Looking to get the theatre seats instead of couch? Anyone get this upgrade and is it too crowded?

----Upgrades: Anyone do the partcial paint upgrade? Does it look much better than the standard outside?

---And 1 more question: Anyone buy from larger dealers, IE RV Wholesalers? Good experience???

Thanks if you have some of this information.
Bunk area floor space is 44x32
Bunk to ceiling at lowest point is 35" ceiling is tapered and the highest point is 43"

Hope this helps
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130125_173149.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	23434

Name:	ForumRunner_20130125_173136.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	23435
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20130125_173142.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	23436  
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #8

Turbo. Thank you very much, very helpful. drove from Atlanta to Charlotte for RV show tomorrow. Roads are a mess, saw at least 20 cars off the road.

Again thanks for taking your time to send this information.
rbeddingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #9
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Turbo. Thank you very much, very helpful. drove from Atlanta to Charlotte for RV show tomorrow. Roads are a mess, saw at least 20 cars off the road.

Atlanta having RV show too this weekend? Maybe no Sabre bunkhouses though...

Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

No problem!
I was in the camper for awhile anyway.

Imo I think the 32bhok is great bang for the buck!
We've had some minor issues all fixed by the dealer promptly.
I'd definitely buy another sabre!

Turbs
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I know that you do not live close enough to mgo there, but he usually has all the different models on his lot and the pics of each unit were pretty good the lastn time I looked, This is where I was going to buy until i seen a columbus.

Dolney RV Center, RV Dealer, Parts, Keystone, Sabre, Kawkawlin, Michigan, Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel, Used, Service, Parts, Financing
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre 32 bhok