Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #1

Sabre 32RCTS Plumbing Question

After reading some other posts I got to thinking about the plumbing in my new rig. We are on our maiden voyage. I thought Grey 2 filled up kind of fast ( I have 2 X 42 gallon tanks.) and Grey 1 never registered at all (always empty) I thought that the Grey 2 was the lavatory & Grey 1 the Galley. I completely forgot about my washer. So now I am thinking Grey 2=Shower & Galley and POSSIBLY the Lavatory sink and Grey 1 is the Washer and POSSIBLY the lavatory sink if not attached to Grey 2.

If this is true it is too bad as we never intend to put in a washer. Maybe after the warranty period we will have it re-plumbed

Does anyone know about this on a 32RCTS?

Thanks

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #2

Grey # 1 is Shower, Bathroom Sink and Washer.
Grey # 2 is just the Kitchen sink.

But that said, you can "kind of sort of" transfer between the 2 by opening both Gray valve and allowing the levels to equilabrate. Not a perfect solution, but it could help in certain situations.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #3

X2

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Cyoul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Camper Less Camping

X3

Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #5

Thanks

Thanks Guys;

This is our first trip out so we are trying to sort through things

It is a relief for us that the Galley and Lavatory each have independent tanks give us a lot more wiggle room than if they were tied together. Since my post I have discovered that the Grey 2 tank monitor ALWAYS reads empty. That added to the confusion. I emptied it yesterday and ran water for 25 minutes and it never registered. When I dumped it had plenty of water in it, so that needs to be fixed. I also realized when doing this test that it did not add to the Grey 1 either.

Not too many shake down issues. I spent several hours rewiring the speakers. That was really messed up. If I had "A" on sound still played out of "B" & "C" even of they were off. (They had the sub woofer out hooked up to my "B" right", amongst other miss wires) Can anyone tell me if we actually have a subwoofer installed and if we do where it might be?

One other question. My dealer did not install my water filter cartridge and I want to do that. I plan on emptying the low water valves and placing a bucket under the filter housing to catch the remaining water. Will this work? How much water might I expect?

You guys are a wealth of info. I appreciate all the assistance.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #6

Glad the problem appears to be the tank monitor and not a plumbing issue. I would probably let the dealer fix that since the unit is so new and you'll probably have a couple of other items that need to be "tweaked" pretty soon also.

Your subwoofer should be mounted behind the riser of the middle step in the hallway, at least that's where ours is.

I have found that removing the water filter is easier if you remove the low water drain caps and open a faucet in the trailer. Once the water level goes down a little bit in the filter you can remove it without spilling any water. Be careful not to overtigthen the filter when putting it back on.
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide5r4fun View Post
Glad the problem appears to be the tank monitor and not a plumbing issue. I would probably let the dealer fix that since the unit is so new and you'll probably have a couple of other items that need to be "tweaked" pretty soon also.

Your subwoofer should be mounted behind the riser of the middle step in the hallway, at least that's where ours is.

I have found that removing the water filter is easier if you remove the low water drain caps and open a faucet in the trailer. Once the water level goes down a little bit in the filter you can remove it without spilling any water. Be careful not to overtigthen the filter when putting it back on.
X2...

Tags
plumbing, sabre