Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #1

Sabre 33 RETS-6?

We are looking at this trailer and would like to hear from others who have one. Would like to hear about quality, livability, etc. We're new to 5th wheel market and would also like to get some hitch recommendations for this unit too.
Thanks!
Dottibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Don't have a 33rets-6 but I'm sure you'll get alot of positive feedback. We're very happy with our Sabre.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
H2oski

Welcome, We don't have that model but love our Sabre and only had a couple of small issues. Feel free to ask away and I'm sure the folks around hear will jump in. There is also a Sabre factory rep that hangs out here too. (Sabresam). He will bend over backwards to help Sabre customers before and AFTER the sale. Have fun in you search.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottibu View Post
We are looking at this trailer and would like to hear from others who have one. Would like to hear about quality, livability, etc. We're new to 5th wheel market and would also like to get some hitch recommendations for this unit too.
Thanks!
I was just at Norman Campers this week located in Marietta, GA and walked thru one he has on the lot, very nice unit.
We've had our Sabre since summer of 2012...unit performs & lives great with no major issues...you'll be happy with it's build, IMO

Old 05-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

that is one of the two on our short list to get when we can afford to upgrade our truck to handle the heavy pin weight. just looking at them on the lot I really like the quality.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #6

We have a 31 RETS-6,and love it,had it 3 seasons now,couple very minor little things,great unit,as every Sabre owner always says,you get a lot of bang for your buck,alot of things on a Sabre are standard compared to other makes that are options...
SuperDutyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #7

I appreciate the replies. We have been looking over the past year or so at upgrading. At the show this year we went back and forth for over an hour looking at this Sabre and a Columbus. Not ready to spend the Columbus type money yet.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #8

Very similar rig as ours. The Sabre was second on our list and a great choice as well. You can't go wrong with either.
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #9

Smile

Well we thought really long about this trailer. I know my original post was very recent. We looked at the Sabre and the Columbus at the show earlier this year. We went back and for the between the two for over a couple of hours. We liked them both, but we really, really liked the Columbus. Just didn't think we wanted to spend that much yet. Well, we did the same thing over the past few days. Going back and forth between the two. Even threw in a look at a Crusier we thought we liked a couple of years ago. We bit the bullet and made a decision last night....we went with the Columbus 320RS last night. We'll take delivery a week from Saturday!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #10
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottibu View Post
Well we thought really long about this trailer. I know my original post was very recent. We looked at the Sabre and the Columbus at the show earlier this year. We went back and for the between the two for over a couple of hours. We liked them both, but we really, really liked the Columbus. Just didn't think we wanted to spend that much yet. Well, we did the same thing over the past few days. Going back and forth between the two. Even threw in a look at a Crusier we thought we liked a couple of years ago. We bit the bullet and made a decision last night....we went with the Columbus 320RS last night. We'll take delivery a week from Saturday!
Sounds great...Happy Camping!