Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 10:49 PM   #1
Another adventure awaits!

Unhappy sabre 33ckts - sofa bed in living room

Hello ... we have a 2014 Sabre 33CKTS and was wondering if anyone else has the same issues with the sofa bed in the living room. When we bought our trailer, we were told that the sofa bed was comfortable and would be good for providing extra sleeping space. Well ... comfortable is not the word I would use ... it is hard as rock and you have to lay on it with your feet towards the back of the couch unless you want the blood rushing to your head ... travel is not unlevel ... we checked that ...
Have reverted to guests sleeping on air bed, on the floor in front of the sofa bed because it is so uncomfortable.
Does anyone else have the same problem? We have emailed the manufacturer several times but have not received any response. Have gone to the dealership and they say that they cannot do anything ... and I know that if they could do something they would ... best dealership we have ever dealt with ...
Suggestions welcome ... thanks
HESN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:53 PM   #2

We have only had guests on one trip and yes they had to sleep with their feet toward the back of the trailer. We put a Memory Foam mattress pad on it and our guests were either very polite or the bed wasn't that bad with this set up.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:00 PM   #3

We initially bought a memory foam, but then it was a pain trying to figure out where to store it ... at least the air mattress folds up nice and neat and small ...
Tis annoying spending all that money on a trailer and for the sofa bed to be less than as advertised ...
Thank you for your reply ... makes me glad to know that we are not the only ones with the issue ... especially the feet towards the couch thing ... LOL
Old 02-09-2015, 11:00 PM   #4

How do you like your Slider Hitch? We have the same one ...
Old 02-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #5

So far I have never had to use it but it's nice to know it's there in case I do. So far the closest I have come to using it was in my own side yard when we get back from a trip. I have a bit of property so I swing around a tree in the side yard and then drop the trailer in front of my barn. Coming around the tree causes a fairly tight turn but so far we have stayed clear of the cab.

As for the bed, we seldom have guest so it wasn't a major concern for us. We only carry the memory foam with us when we know we will have guests and we stick it in the closet in the bedroom toward the left end. We seldom even open that side of the closet so it's no big deal. Our guests were also in their mid-twenties so being young probably helps! Enjoy your trailer! We are loving ours so far.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 02-09-2015, 11:28 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

We have the trifold sofa and yes my daughter sleeps with her head where the feet would normally go. She thinks the bed is comfortable but when we had a friend along, my friend said that the he'd was very uncomfortable. We had the sofa checked while at the factory and they said this is normal and correct for this model of sofa.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:09 AM   #7
Always Learning

We take a mattress topper with us even with the air bed sleeper sofas. We just kind of roll it up and stuff it behind the sofa in the bunkhouse. I'm not sure if that's an option for your floorplan, though.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #8

We have a 2013 33ckts. Ours has the sofa that extends across the entire back of the camper. It is very comfortable to lay on since it is so wide. I can actually strech out with room to spare. On the other hand I have had to replace the air mattress three times in order to get one that did not leak during the night. The latest air mattress seems to be fine but I have lost faith them. Now I Carrey an extra air mattress when am I now we are having company.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:56 AM   #9

Hi Chuck,
I guess they switched out the air mattress for a typical sleeper sofa in the last year or two. The OP has a 2014 model and I have a 2015 and we both have the thin mattress you see with sleeper sofas. You list yours as a 2013 model and have the air mattress. Our previous Windjammer had the air mattress and we never had a leakage issue. Guess we lucked out.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 02-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #10

Gosh, I thought I was the only one that felt the sofa/bed was so uncomfortable! We removed it and moved in a recliner for day use plus a foldable cot. I can't say I am please with the replacement but until I find something better, it will have to do. Thanks for sharing your information.
jmwsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:20 PM   #11

We do not have the air mattress one in ours ... Supposedly our queen sized sofa bed is a residential model ... Notice word supposedly ... There is no real mattress like a residential model ... Hard as a rock ...

Tags
bed, roo, sabre