Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #1

Sabre 5th wheel Lippert bedroom slide out

Hello,
Wondering if anyone has had a bedroom slide out problem. We have a Sabre silhouette 5th wheel and the bedroom slide out which I believe is a lippert system. It goes out fine but when retracting it acts like it gets hung up. We have only used it about 4 times since purchasing last winter. When retracting the slide it looks like the Top tips outward and when this happens, I stop retracting and put my hand in the middle of the slide and give a tug, and the slide tips in and then I can retract it the rest of the way on its own till stop. I have done some reading here and other sites and mostly sounds like a adjustment by a dealer. Which I have called local warrenty dealers and they were no help, in less you bought from them. I did call the out of state dealer we bought it from and he said give it a few more tries and if it still hangs up, bring it in and we will fix it. So,, being winter here, I have also been researching the location of the motor and track system on the bedroom slide in case I need to bring it in manually. Under the bed is storage and piece of plywood. Has anyone pulled up the plywood to locate the motor and lube the rails for the slide. Also, I am thinking the rubber inner and outer need to be cleaned and lubricated and wax the sides of the slides. I have also heard that if the unit is not level this will also cause some delay on retracting a slide. Any suggestions, advice, similar stories on this is appreciated. Thanks
2012 Ford F350 XL,SD,CB,8',LongBed,6.2LGas,4.30 Axle,4X4,FX4,PlowPkg,SOF,HAC,HDC,SOF,E-LOKTracPos,Upfitters,Fog lights,AdvancTrak,SwayCntrl,5thWhl/GoosePrepPack,Reese Elite 5th wheel hitch. Towing 2014 Sabre Silhouette 311 RETS, Rear Entertainment, 3 Slides, Residential Shower,Euro Recliner,Relaxing Layout,Folding Bike Rack, 35'.
Bossdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Check for Carpet in the track.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
William

I had a similar issue with my Crusader bedroom slide. The tracks on the slide had to be reinforced. They are now being reinforced from the factory. Yours should be in wall motors. There should be a procedure to manually operate it in your manual. There is also a way to manually disengage the motors in the wall if the procedure in your manual fails to work as it did in mine.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:07 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I would discourage waxing where the slide seals ride.
They need to flip in and out to seal properly.
If the surface is to slick they won't flip
Old 02-22-2015, 05:14 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I would discourage waxing where the slide seals ride.
They need to flip in and out to seal properly.
If the surface is to slick they won't flip
We've waxed the sides of our slides several times and have not had any problem with the seals not flipping directions.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:24 PM   #6

Similar

I had a similar problem but it was a loose butt connector going to the motor. I did indeed lift the plywood, fixed the connector and made sure I had the correct socket to manually bring in the slide (just in case). I also lubed the rails with slide lube. You will need a drill to do it manually. A ratchet will take forever.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #7

Thanks for the replys,
I will be checking on these things once the weather breaks. Either way bring on the camping season.
2012 Ford F350 XL,SD,CB,8',LongBed,6.2LGas,4.30 Axle,4X4,FX4,PlowPkg,SOF,HAC,HDC,SOF,E-LOKTracPos,Upfitters,Fog lights,AdvancTrak,SwayCntrl,5thWhl/GoosePrepPack,Reese Elite 5th wheel hitch. Towing 2014 Sabre Silhouette 311 RETS, Rear Entertainment, 3 Slides, Residential Shower,Euro Recliner,Relaxing Layout,Folding Bike Rack, 35'.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #8

Bossdriver...I had the same issue with my 2014 Silhouette RKDS bedroom slide. Remove the bed and lift off the plywood platform by removing the shock/struts assembly. My problem was found to be that large black mounting plate with the motor on it. The carpet and padding under had compressed allowing the plate to loosen and flex when retracting and binding the slide assembly. I tightened up all the mounting hardware and added several wood screws to secure the large black plate to the floor underneth. The larger the screws the better in my opinion. While your at it remove the plywood at the head of the bed and fill that cavity with insulation.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #9

SilhouettePenny,
Really appreciate that info. I will put this on my #1 priority list.
Kudos..., Thank you and Happy Camping and safe travels.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #10

Just to reinerate on the bedroom Lippert slide. I finally made it over to the storage lot to start working on the bed slide.
First thing I did was level the 5th wheel, I had left it tilted back a little for the winter. When we bought the 5th wheel last year, our first couple one nighters of camping I did not unhook from the rv. We were on a time schedule and thought it would not hurt to to stay hooked up. This is when I first noticed the bedroom slide hanging up when retracting. So, I am thinking this is where the problem came with the slide of being not fully level when camped. So at the 5th wheel I removed all plywood and found the black plate holding the motor and rails etc.. were all tight. What I did notice was the upper right side of the wooden bed frame had pulled away from the wall and was loose at the floor. I used some longer square head wood screws on the floor to resecure it. Checked both sides making it tight and I did take advice and added some insulation. Also after checking the rubber inner/outer seals for obstructions, I rubbed down all the inner and outer seals with baby powder, put some silicone spray on the bed tracks and tested it in and out a few times. No hanging up or binding. So, again I am thinking that NOT being fully level started this problem when retracting the slide. Guess I got used to a pull trailer where when stopping for one night we would stay hooked up and just pull away in the morning. From now on I will be unhooking and leveling.
Thanks for advice and suggestions.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #11

303 Protectant is the best thing for slide seals. It's UV resistant and really slippery. I've used it on all my slide seals for 4-5 years. It also does a nice job on tires. Has no chemicals like Armor All.

303 Aerospace UV Protectant
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:51 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdriver View Post
Hello,
Wondering if anyone has had a bedroom slide out problem. We have a Sabre silhouette 5th wheel and the bedroom slide out which I believe is a lippert system. It goes out fine but when retracting it acts like it gets hung up. We have only used it about 4 times since purchasing last winter. When retracting the slide it looks like the Top tips outward and when this happens, I stop retracting and put my hand in the middle of the slide and give a tug, and the slide tips in and then I can retract it the rest of the way on its own till stop. I have done some reading here and other sites and mostly sounds like a adjustment by a dealer. Which I have called local warrenty dealers and they were no help, in less you bought from them. I did call the out of state dealer we bought it from and he said give it a few more tries and if it still hangs up, bring it in and we will fix it. So,, being winter here, I have also been researching the location of the motor and track system on the bedroom slide in case I need to bring it in manually. Under the bed is storage and piece of plywood. Has anyone pulled up the plywood to locate the motor and lube the rails for the slide. Also, I am thinking the rubber inner and outer need to be cleaned and lubricated and wax the sides of the slides. I have also heard that if the unit is not level this will also cause some delay on retracting a slide. Any suggestions, advice, similar stories on this is appreciated. Thanks
Any more of a resolution to this?

Tags
5th wheel, bed, bedroom slide, roo, sabre, slide, slide out, wheel