Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2015, 01:08 PM   #61

[QUO
Called again this morning, and found out it is assigned to one person, and they are only in M-F, so I'll have to wait another couple days. It still hasn't been declared Totaled! Should I be concerned at all, that they won't total it?

Anybody gone through anything similar and care to share their experience through a pm maybe?

sorry for the long post.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a MH that got towed after a accident but by the time I got back to car someone had gone through it and removed anything of value, when I had questioned about items was told they were not responsible for items in car and I was SOL. Something to think about
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #62

Thankfully, not much was in it. The biggest valuable would be the surge protector and they'd have to remove basement panel to get to it. Otherwise a mattress topper and sewer hoses/storage tubes.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:09 PM   #63

When you talk to the agent. I personally would explain the reasons that you believe it should be totaled.

Another thought to leave them with would they want THEIR family to purchase it if repaired.

It's a drawn out deal. Had wife's car get totaled day after mailing off the pay off. Took over an week to get her a rental. The house took close to two months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #64

Have you been advised if they are totalling it or not yet?? can't believe you have had to wait this long if not. we had your same experience in 2009 and had no issues at all but then dealing with Canadian Ins. Co. although we were in the US.
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #65

Wow. Glad everyone was ok.

Insurance should take care of everything. Just buy a new one and get on with camping. Shopping for them is the fun part.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #66

Still nothing certain, but the gal I just talked to said it's a total loss. They are struggling to determine value. I believe when I insured it, my agent noted $56000 as the value. Here's to hoping that's right . Not going to be able to replace it for a few months. We are in the process of selling our home and buying another so I don't want to do any thing with credit until those are done. Got several friends offering to lend me their campers if it drags on to long. We usually camp about 65 nights a year, compared to 10 for my one good friend.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #67

Get your actual policy out & check the amount & then "read" all the wordings - it should tell you what type of coverage you have. Also do your own "homework" to get an idea on what it is worth if your policy does not carry replacement cost coverage - again, read your policy wording detail!!
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:28 PM   #68
DDC

This is when you get to realize they are in the business of collecting premiums, paying out goes to their legal department to see how they can get out of paying. I"m sure you will win in the end but having to jump through hoops should not be required.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #69

I got a first offer from insurance yesterday. It's fair I believe. I'm going to get an out the door price on a new one to make sure the numbers work, but I think this can be settled in as little as one week. It would be great to have the wrecked one paid off and insurance canceled.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #70
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
I got a first offer from insurance yesterday. It's fair I believe. I'm going to get an out the door price on a new one to make sure the numbers work, but I think this can be settled in as little as one week. It would be great to have the wrecked one paid off and insurance canceled.

Good news JT. I understand about the insurance, kinda like paying for a dead horse. I would push the insurance company some more for any improvements that you made and or added, plus any personal items that were damaged. Did you add a tv to any of the rooms? Those kind of things get overlooked sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #71

The only left in/on it at this time are;
OC custom awning tie down support (bet he'll ship me a new set
Queen bed topper
Two 5" PVC sewer hose storage tubes and sewer hoses
PI 50a hardwired power protection with remote display

I think I'll make the trip, 3hrs each way, to remove these items as they don't seem to want to budge on pain for them. The pi unit is installed with cord ends so should be easy to remove the thankfully
Old 02-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #72
Oklahoma Proud

You should get a credit for your premium dating back to the, date of loss. Or at least they should, we did on ours.

Our insurance was the same way, no extra $ for anything extra. We kept the tv, propane tanks, one of the propane quick conects, spare tire and holder, and i swapped all the tires, with old, wore out tires on my car hauler.
And i was able to negotiate the price up about $1,500 or so from original offer. We ended up getting the same amount for it after deductible as what we paid for it new with the hitch. Basically got the hitch for 10 months of interest!

When wrecker driver came to pick it up, (yes a roll back wrecker with a hitch attachment on the wheel lift) he told my wife that he was surprised that we had left the battery. He said most dont have them and its a real pain hitching when they dont. He also said he had picked some up without any wheels at all.

Just an fyi on time frame, ours was hit in a storm on may 20th, 2013, was negotiated and then picked up on july 24th and it took another month or so to collect all the checks and finish all the paper work. That why we waited till last Feb to order one, just didnt want it sitting there all winter.
Good luck with it all!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
for sale, sabre