Old 01-06-2015, 10:29 PM   #51

I know the trailer will be totaled and replaced, my only concern, and it's not much of one, is that it is going to be transported across South Dakota, somehow, and I'm not going to be there to see it. In sure state farm is liable for it add they are lining up the tow or haul. Wondered how they'll do it also?

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:48 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
I know the trailer will be totaled and replaced, my only concern, and it's not much of one, is that it is going to be transported across South Dakota, somehow, and I'm not going to be there to see it. In sure state farm is liable for it add they are lining up the tow or haul. Wondered how they'll do it also?

Would hope it will be loaded on a flatbed trailer for transport - cannot believe anyone would try and tow it ever again ��

Old 01-06-2015, 11:26 PM   #53

Glad to hear that you all are okay. I am sure that your driving abilities and experience kept this from being ALOT worse. Good job keeping your family safe. Thankfully we do not experience that bad of weather here in the north west. Hope that you able to recover costs.
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:38 PM   #54
Site Team

Glad to hear the insurance company is going to total it out. Now you get to go shopping and if they total the truck you get to buy a matched set.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:08 AM   #55

Thought about starting a new thread, but think I'll just add to here for now. Its been 5 weeks, no update on camper from State Farm...I'm getting a bit frustrated. It was towed about three weeks ago, from Kimball SD to Sioux Falls to a "salvager" They said to give them a couple weeks to access it and then they should have a number. I called last monday(just over two weeks after they moved it), and they still hadn't had anyone look at it. They said it is a the auction, which is the same as the salvager, and due to unsure address, they hadn't gotten it looked at yet. I made sure to express my displeasure with that, especially that it's still MY camper and they aren't even sure of the exact location...
Called again this morning, and found out it is assigned to one person, and they are only in M-F, so I'll have to wait another couple days. It still hasn't been declared Totaled! Should I be concerned at all, that they won't total it?

Anybody gone through anything similar and care to share their experience through a pm maybe?

sorry for the long post.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:38 PM   #56
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I personally can't see how they couldn't total it. You know all the walls had to racked out of square and no way of knowing what type of internal structural damage was done regardless of no visible signs. I would also be concerned with frame, especially at the pin box, and the axles. Think of all that weight on 2 wheels, at a 45 degree angle, as it was going over. Something is going to give.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-31-2015, 12:44 PM   #57

Yeah. I'm sure it's totaled. But they still aren't saying that... Just got me concerned
Old 01-31-2015, 12:53 PM   #58
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Yeah. I'm sure it's totaled. But they still aren't saying that... Just got me concerned
I wouldn't be too concerned just yet, especially if no one has actually looked at it. Don't think just anyone is capable of providing that type of assessment on something this big. I would keep shopping for a new one!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:59 PM   #59
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned just yet, especially if no one has actually looked at it. Don't think just anyone is capable of providing that type of assessment on something this big. I would keep shopping for a new one!

X2
Old 01-31-2015, 01:04 PM   #60

Thanks guys!

Tags
for sale, sabre