Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #1

Sabre palomino 31rets

I'm looking at getting into fifth wheeling. Does anyone have any info or reviews on this particular unit? Any info on the sabre line would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance
Lrdchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The sabre line is awsome IMO! ive owned one for 2 years now.
Theres several others on here that have the rets floor plan that will be able to help you better with the model your looking into .

If any other questions please ask !

turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #3

We have the 09/31RETS-6 and going into our 4 season with it. We have a problem with the stereo remote not working this year. DW has figured out how to get everything working from the stereo so not a big issue. Other than that we love our Sabre. Any ???s feel free to ask me or anyone else on here.
wingriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #4

We have a 2011 31 RETS and have been living in it full time now for a little over a year and a half. We have been very pleased with the unit and like the floor plan. We have had virtually no problems with it and it tows very well. The overall quality is good, it is not the most top end coach that you can buy, but it has very good bang for the buck IMHO.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
H2oski

We have had our 2012 rets for almost 2 yrs now and have put just over 6000 miles and 45 nights and have been very happy with it. I have had a couple of issues, Slide needed adjusted, 1 outside speaker went out, and after about 5000 miles I had 1 wheel seal start seeping. Could have been me because the wheel started seeping after I had lubed the axles. We have been very happy with the fit and finish and the bang for the buck.

We are also very blessed to have a factory rep (Sabresam) monitoring this forum and from what I can tell will bend over backwards to assist Sabre owner to resolve any problems. I have had great customer service not only from Sabre/Palomino but also my dealer.

If you have a other questions just ask.

Good luck.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #6

We have a Sabre but not a 31RETS-6 (see sig). We've been extremely pleased with it.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #7

If you decide on the Sabre it will be a good choice. There is a lot of value and quality for the $$$. Many pay thousands more for just a few more features but the build quality is the same. I'd go for it if I were you.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:28 AM   #8
Trailer Trash

I looked at Sabre brand before I bought my Columbus. They are both very similar in construction and inner workings as they are both Palomino brands. The décor and floor plan layouts are different. Columbus line is blinged up a bit more and has the huge shower so that's what swayed me to the 320RS. Both brands are good from what I have seen and read here.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #9

The Columbus 320RS is a very nice unit that I considered before buying my Sabre 33CKTS. The floor plans are very close. The bathrooms appear to be the same size with the difference being the shower. The shower in the Columbus is larger but at the cost of giving up the linen closet for storing towels. After considering all features on both we chose the Sabre. The Palomino line of RVs is very good and customer service is outstanding. What ever you decide on, Good Luck and Happy Camping.

-BC-

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #10

Have had a 31rets for 3 years. The fit and finish have been outstanding. Basement is a bit small but I put a large truck tool box on the back carrier. 35,000 miles on the rig with no major problems just standard maintenance and new tires last year. If you order get the optional 6,000# axles. Also I use a trailair pin box.
birchcrossing is offline   Reply With Quote