Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #1

Sabre versus Sierra?

Would anyone be able to tell me why one might choose either of these over the other? From what I can tell, I THINK the build is about the same on each, but, I'm really not sure. I'm specifically looking at the Sierra 315RE and the Sabre 32RCTS.

Any help appreciated.
treaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Always Learning

I can't speak to those models, but for the bunkhouses -- my wife said she feels like the Sabre had a more "high-end" feeling than the Sierra.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #3

We looked at both last year, along with many others, and went with the Sabre. It met our needs/wants list the best and gave us more of what we wanted for the price. A great value!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #4

I am in favor of the Sabre as well. While both are similar, the Sabre finish just felt better in our opinion. Either would be great, I would suggest you find somewhere that has both and walk through them. It should come down to personal preferance and options you are looking for.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #5

Thanks for the responses. The Columbus looked to have better windows, and actual leather seats standard. Not that may be worth the price difference, but ...

There is an RV show in Columbus OH this weekend; there are dealers that carry these tow models that will be there, so hopefully, they'll have some Siera & Columbus with them.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by treaves View Post
There is an RV show in Columbus OH this weekend; there are dealers that carry these tow models that will be there, so hopefully, they'll have some Siera & Columbus with them.
Great way to approach this! We get out to RV shows whenever they are within a decent driving distance. Gives you a great chance to walk through, get ideas, and talk with others (including dealers and factory reps).
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #7

Our last unit was a Sabre and was a great trailer. We now have the Serria, which we love. Both brands would be a good buy. Floor plan is what sold us, you will find some that makes one better for you tan the other. Happy shopping!!
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #8

We chose the sierra over the sabre, unlike most here because it offered what we wanted, which was a built in generator and we like the kitchen layout better. Did like the sabre main bath and the finishes a little more. We were looking at the 365saq and the 36qbok
Old 03-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've not ever seen a Sierra but I do love my sabre.
There isn't much I dislike about it.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #10
Camping Crazy

Going to RV shows is the best thing you can do. It is all about personal preference and needs when buying new, and at the show you can see them all. You mentioned the Columbus which is what I went with and love it. It is a little more pricey, however in my opinion the higher end finishes are worth the extra bucks. No matter what you end up choosing Happy Camping!
2013 Columbus 325RL

columbusfan325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #11

After going to the show in Hershey last fall, it came down to the Sierra and the Sabre. In the end the Sabre 36QBOK won out, mainly because of the master bathroom ( shower size). But both great coaches!! Good luck!
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #12

After all of my research, I decided to go with the Columbus. A little more money, but, you can tell it's a nicer unit.