Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #1

Sabre window tint or Shade Fabric to keep RV cooler?

In preparing for a great 2013 of camping in our Sabre 31 RETS, I need some ideas on window tint or sun shades. After this past summer with 100+ degree temps, I realize all the windows in my 31 RETS which I really liked when trying to choose a new 5 er., actually was a negative. When the sun hits all those windows especially the afternoon sun, it can really heat up things. Thank goodness we have two AC's.

I put some of the Reflectix up which helped a lot but the DW does not like the looks of this stuff. Has anyone put window tint on their windows to reflect some of the sun? If so, how tinted should it be? Don't want to reduce the visibility from the inside too much. Has anyone used the shade fabric, something like Coolaroo Shade fabric, cut to fit the windows and installed outside with suction cups or the EZ Snap fasteners? Just trying to get some ideas to try to keep the RV a little cooler this summer.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Here to Help

Dear Customer,
Have you every thought about a window awning? I've not seen one installed on a 31RETS, but it might get the shade you need and not cover the windows.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #3

Take it to a good auto window tint service and you won't be sorry. They can fix you up with a tint that reflects sun/heat but does not really affect your view looking out. Also protects the interior from sun damage.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by okietom View Post
Take it to a good auto window tint service and you won't be sorry. They can fix you up with a tint that reflects sun/heat but does not really affect your view looking out. Also protects the interior from sun damage.
I was leaning in that direction. Have you had your windows tinted? What would be an estimated cost? I have a lot of windows in my 31 RETS.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
jsk

We are tinting our windows ourselves. So far so good except for 1 window we messed up on. We bought tint at Lowes. I also picked 1 led to try. After being on 15 mins. I put temp gun on it - the temp. Difference was 80 degrees (155 vs. 75). These items along with putting a 2nd ac in should keep it comfortable this summer. Tinting has been tedious and 2 people make it easier if you decide to go that route.