Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #1

satellite in bedroom on 320 RS

We have the satellite up and going in the living room, but in the bedroom I am unable to get a signal with the 2nd receiver there. Has anyone figured out how this all is supposed to work as there is a satellite connection there.
Rogerl1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

are you sure its an actual sat connection or is it an ota coax or even cable coax ?

TURBS
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #3

There are 2 outlets there. One is labelled cable and the other is labelled satellite.
Rogerl1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

sounds like you may have a splitter issue then or a connection issue at the splitter.
I cant help you tell you where it is sorry but maybe another member might have more experience with your issue.

TURBS
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I have a Columbus 295RL and I was told that I could only receieve it in the Living room area and not in the bedroom because it is not wired there only wired from the outside Satellite in to the one up in the cupboard above the TV.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #6

My camper is the same way. I can only get satellite in my living room. My wall plate has two coax connectors, one for over the air broadcasts, and one for satellite. One option I looked at was a two tuner receiver box (both Dish and Direct sell them) which means you could put the receiver box in the living room hard-wired to that TV, then on the second tuner, control the TV in the bedroom with its own remote. The signal is sent to the second TV wirelessly. The only down side is the second TV cannot get HD, only the wired TV can get HD.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #7

We also have a 320 RS. The way the satellite is connected ..... if you connect to the outside of the rig.... then to a receiver in the LR.... the that receiver to the SECOND satellite... will give you satellite to the bedroom.

The basement though it has a satellite connection has no cable ran to it.

I run mine through the window in the bedroom. Doesn't make me happy but until we decide to cut a hole in the floor under the dresser that is the way it will be.

I have a home splitter I may try...... It isn't just Columbus' that have this issue

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
We also have a 320 RS. The way the satellite is connected ..... if you connect to the outside of the rig.... then to a receiver in the LR.... the that receiver to the SECOND satellite... will give you satellite to the bedroom.

The basement though it has a satellite connection has no cable ran to it.

I run mine through the window in the bedroom. Doesn't make me happy but until we decide to cut a hole in the floor under the dresser that is the way it will be.

I have a home splitter I may try...... It isn't just Columbus' that have this issue
In my 325RK I installed the sat splitter behind the wall in the entertainment center. I pulled the ant/cable out and placed it behind it. I connected the sat line to the bedroom to the splitter and also ran a RG6 cable to the sat connection in the basement. I followed the existing wiring bundle to the outside of the unit and along the frame to the basement. I also replace the splitter in the basement with an AB coax switch to switch between cable and ant. This greatly increased the quality of the ant signal to the bedroom. Hope this helps. We have been our 325 since August 5 2012 and love it.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #9

I might add that both Direct and Dish require a satellite splitter and will not work with an off the shelf splitter.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #10

I can't remember if I have a satellite jack in the bedroom or not. I'm offshore now so can't look. I did however remove the panel behind the convenience box where the satellite in jack is located and would imagine it would be very easy to install a splitter there and run another jack under the dresser as Earth Station referred too if needed.

What I've seen before is that one receiver basically controlled all televisions in the camper. Basically a jumper line from one tv to the next. If you wanted to add another receiver box you had to run a new line off of a splitter from the input jack.
captbenjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #11

Regarding the 320rs. I also have had a problem connecting my satellite. So far what I have found is that only the jack in the LR connects to the outside connection. There is another satelite jack in the LR and BR but they do not connect.Also, the jack in the gararge has no cable attached. My thinking is that the RV is pre-wired for a roof satellite antenna and that is what the 2 dead connections are for. As far as the garage is concerned, I think that is just a cruel joke to drive me nuts. Can anyone tell me if my guesses are correct?
ddokupil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #12

you are right. Only the LR connection works. I have a splitter that I will play with once it gets warm enough to see if I can't bring in the signal to the LR and then with a house splitter.... split to stay in LR and send to BR. You are also correct that there is no cable to Basement. Will post on forum and on FB page if I can get it to work.....

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #13

If there's no sat connection in the br, you can run a coax out of the receiver in the living room to the cable input behind the tv in the living room, outside at the connection panel, run a jumper from one cable input to the other, connect br tv to cable input, you will mirror the lr receiver to the bedroom. If you have a UHF remote, you'll still be able to change channels from the bedroom, if its an ir remote you'll have to point it at the receiver.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #14

I placard a direct tv splitter behind the tv in the living room and ran a cable to the basement of my 325 columbus. I followed the existing wiring. From the basement you can get to the bedroom tv.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
sdw

I found sat connectors on the roof under a fake sewer vent cover over our bed.
Two coaxal cables.
sdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #16

What brand or sat. service do you have? I do know that the sat. cable is orange. If you take the cover off behind the main tv, make sure you have it hooked up to the orange one.
bobbyv53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed