Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #1

Screen door upgrade ?

We purchased a 2013 295RL last November. The door has the screen door built into the door with the window that cranks out for ventilation. Not to mention with the window open, it hits the trailer when open. I put a small nick in the brown stripe on the trailer.

Has anybody looked into upgrading the newer style screen door? Will it fit onto the existing door? Will the shade be able to remain?

There have been times when there simply is not enough ventilation through the small amout of air through that crank out window.

Thanks.

Jon
B&W hitch
2013 Columbus Palomino 295RL
Jon_Celia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to ByronCR Send a message via AIM to ByronCR Send a message via MSN to ByronCR Send a message via Yahoo to ByronCR Send a message via Skype™ to ByronCR
I believe that SYencer has swapped his door out. His was due to damage when someone broke into his RV, but he has the new style door on his RV now. I believe they are exactly the same size door, just the window does not open and comes with a screen door.
ByronCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
Trailer Trash

Yes you can upgrade your existing door to the new 2 door/screen door design. Call your dealer for price but I seem to remember 300-500 bucks range.

The original single door design with built in vent window should have a shock arm tube on the bottom. Keeps door from flapping in wind and limits travel so it does not open up too far and hit RV body.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote