Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 09:20 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CT
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Concertone / Genesis radios are no longer offered in any RV models. They have been replaced by a new supplier and radios (Model iRV).
OK well I just bought a brand new Sabre and it came with the Genesis. So regardless of the truth, or not, of this comment I still have the same issues.

EDIT: Actually after some quick research it appears as I suspected that Concertone / Genesis / Model iRV is all the same stuff coming from the same place under different names. That is really comforting. Rather than help people out you are going to just try and sell them on the same garbage under a different brand?

I will be more than happy to retract this and eat crow if I am wrong but something stinks here.
__________________

__________________
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #22
Owner - RVtronics
 
Bob Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 649
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
mikeysotp, sorry if I implied anything I did not mean. There are absolutely new RV's sitting on dealer lots with Genesis radios in them. It all really depends on WHEN the unit was built and how many Genesis units may be in the distribution channel for a given RV manufacturer. Going forward all Genesis will be replaced with iRV.
__________________

__________________
Bob Fields
bob@rvtronics.com
www.rvtronics.com
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:48 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
offroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 357
Bob, is Blu-Ray supported on any of the RVtronics models?
__________________
2017 Open Range - Light 297RLS, BX1 Gooseneck
2014 Ram 2500 4x4 CCSB 6.7L 68RFE
offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #24
Owner - RVtronics
 
Bob Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 649
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Correct, currently there is no Blu-Ray offer as part of the OEM offerings for iRV or any 12Volt brand for that matter.

I am working on a Blu-Ray 12Volt model as an aftermarket upgrade - more information to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
Bob, is Blu-Ray supported on any of the RVtronics models?
__________________
Bob Fields
bob@rvtronics.com
www.rvtronics.com
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CT
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
mikeysotp, sorry if I implied anything I did not mean. There are absolutely new RV's sitting on dealer lots with Genesis radios in them. It all really depends on WHEN the unit was built and how many Genesis units may be in the distribution channel for a given RV manufacturer. Going forward all Genesis will be replaced with iRV.
Again, how does that help those of us with existing problems? You have commented on a thread now multiple times about a new product when the entire thread is about problems with an existing product we paid good money for.

And out of curiosity what if anything is so much better about the new units? I see that they have some better specs like the acceptance of bigger SD cards but that is kinda useless if they work as poorly as the old units. Not to mention the lack of support.......
__________________
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #26
Owner - RVtronics
 
Bob Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 649
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
No problem Mike, I understand the confusion and I apologize I created it and was not more clear. I take full responsibility of that.

I do want to note that while I have been absent for a while, you can see from my post count, I had been actively engaged on this forum and with further review, you will see in a positive manner.

Sorry we are getting off on the wrong foot!

To address your supplier concerns...
The makers of Concertone/ Genesis was a company called Aridian Technology Company (my previous employer which I left as of 8/31/2013 as noted on a sticky in the tech section of this forum). Aridian supplied the industry for many, many years (I worked for them for 3-ish years) but as you can see by this forum and thread counts associated with Concertone or Genesis they were not without their share of issues.

The makers of the new products branded "iRV" is Quality Audio Video (QAV) a division of Patrick Industries (one of the foremost and suppliers to the RV industry. There is NO manufacturing relationship between the two companies through either ownership, operations or other. QAV Patrick is a well respected company and stands behind its products.

If you look at all radio brands sold within the rv industry, you will find many have the same feature sets give or take. You will also find the installation mounting and wiring for each is mostly different. Radio manufacturers do this so it is not easy to replace one brand with another.

iRV is filling a mounting hole that is current used in many RV's produced today (such as your recently purchased unit) but also is backwards compatible for potentially millions of Rv's. From a business perspective, this makes great sense.

Please let me know if this does not address your concern...

As an additional fyi - I include my phone number and email on every post. While I may not always be instantly available, I am available.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
OK well I just bought a brand new Sabre and it came with the Genesis. So regardless of the truth, or not, of this comment I still have the same issues.

EDIT: Actually after some quick research it appears as I suspected that Concertone / Genesis / Model iRV is all the same stuff coming from the same place under different names. That is really comforting. Rather than help people out you are going to just try and sell them on the same garbage under a different brand?

I will be more than happy to retract this and eat crow if I am wrong but something stinks here.
__________________
Bob Fields
bob@rvtronics.com
www.rvtronics.com
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #27
Owner - RVtronics
 
Bob Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 649
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Mike,

I replied several times on this thread but I was also asked a question about something off topic. Sorry for the added post count to the thread.

I have access to a GT3.0 that I will test this evening and see what I come up with. As I RECALL, you should be able to have folders as you desire but it has been a while since I have played with. The GT2.0 should also operate the same as the 3.0

I will get back to you with what I find later...



Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
Again, how does that help those of us with existing problems? You have commented on a thread now multiple times about a new product when the entire thread is about problems with an existing product we paid good money for.

And out of curiosity what if anything is so much better about the new units? I see that they have some better specs like the acceptance of bigger SD cards but that is kinda useless if they work as poorly as the old units. Not to mention the lack of support.......
__________________
Bob Fields
bob@rvtronics.com
www.rvtronics.com
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CT
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Mike,

I replied several times on this thread but I was also asked a question about something off topic. Sorry for the added post count to the thread.

I have access to a GT3.0 that I will test this evening and see what I come up with. As I RECALL, you should be able to have folders as you desire but it has been a while since I have played with. The GT2.0 should also operate the same as the 3.0

I will get back to you with what I find later...
Great, thank you. I plan to spend some time this weekend trying to sort out what does and doesn't work with my particular unit.

Here is what I can tell you so far:

1. Used 16gb USB and got nothing.

2. Moved everything to 8gb SD card formatted to FAT 32. Had everything in folders for artists and subfolders for songs. The thing just kept spinning and never played.

2. Took everything out of folders and it recognized about 120 songs out of over 500. Some of those play, some sit for a second and then automatically skip to the next track.

3. I have now converted everything to mp3 as most were m4a. I will update my findings with that in the next day or two.

Please get back to me with your findings. Make SURE you do that. I have a particular set of skills and huge inter-nuts as you have already seen.
__________________
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #29
Owner - RVtronics
 
Bob Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 649
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
HI Mike,

Finally got everything setup and did some tests on a GT3.0 While my tests are not as extensive as yours, my purpose is to be sure what it is SUPPOSED to happen.

This is the menu that should appear when you insert an SD Card or USB Drive - the software is the same. As you can see by the picture, it identifies and displays the folders and contents. You can then select what you want to listen to or view.


According to the GT3.0 Operations Manual:USB / SD Card
This unit allows users to play files stored on both USB and SD cards including MP3 music, MP4 short video clips and JPEG photo files.
Therefore they don't warrant any other file type (such as your original m4a music files you were trying to use).

Also according to the GT3.0 Operations Manual:
SD Card slot
Reads media stored on SD cards. The GT-3.0 supports SD cards with up to 8GB capacity. The SD card must be formatted to be FAT or FAT32.
USB Port
The USB port will also charge many devices like iPods, MP3 players and cameras. Plus, allows users to play files stored on USB and USB attached media devices, including music, video and photo files.The GT-3.0 supports USB flash drives with up to 8GB capacity. The USB drive must be formatted to be FAT or FAT32.

Again, Genesis will not warrant if you are trying to use a device with more than 8Gig capacity.

As we have seen on some threads here, some folks have used bigger drives successfully, but it cannot be guaranteed.

The same menu system is used for video and photos as well as music and you should be able to mix and match.

I hope this was helpful!

Please let me know if I can test anything else specifically.

I look forward to your hearing your results.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
Great, thank you. I plan to spend some time this weekend trying to sort out what does and doesn't work with my particular unit.

Here is what I can tell you so far:

1. Used 16gb USB and got nothing.

2. Moved everything to 8gb SD card formatted to FAT 32. Had everything in folders for artists and subfolders for songs. The thing just kept spinning and never played.

2. Took everything out of folders and it recognized about 120 songs out of over 500. Some of those play, some sit for a second and then automatically skip to the next track.

3. I have now converted everything to mp3 as most were m4a. I will update my findings with that in the next day or two.

Please get back to me with your findings. Make SURE you do that. I have a particular set of skills and huge inter-nuts as you have already seen.
__________________
Bob Fields
bob@rvtronics.com
www.rvtronics.com
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CT
Posts: 291
OK so I have been using the system a little and I'm so far very happy with it. My SD card is working well. One question, I am hooked up to the park cable and I am not able to get the audio to come through the speakers. Does the cable actually run through the unit? If not do I need to run any wires to get the cable audio to play through the speakers?
__________________

__________________
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« New 320 | Palomini »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.