Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2015, 08:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Concertone / Genesis radios are no longer offered in any RV models. They have been replaced by a new supplier and radios (Model iRV).
OK well I just bought a brand new Sabre and it came with the Genesis. So regardless of the truth, or not, of this comment I still have the same issues.

EDIT: Actually after some quick research it appears as I suspected that Concertone / Genesis / Model iRV is all the same stuff coming from the same place under different names. That is really comforting. Rather than help people out you are going to just try and sell them on the same garbage under a different brand?

I will be more than happy to retract this and eat crow if I am wrong but something stinks here.
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #22
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
mikeysotp, sorry if I implied anything I did not mean. There are absolutely new RV's sitting on dealer lots with Genesis radios in them. It all really depends on WHEN the unit was built and how many Genesis units may be in the distribution channel for a given RV manufacturer. Going forward all Genesis will be replaced with iRV.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #23

Bob, is Blu-Ray supported on any of the RVtronics models?
Old 04-08-2015, 09:05 AM   #24
Owner - RVtronics

Correct, currently there is no Blu-Ray offer as part of the OEM offerings for iRV or any 12Volt brand for that matter.

I am working on a Blu-Ray 12Volt model as an aftermarket upgrade - more information to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
Bob, is Blu-Ray supported on any of the RVtronics models?
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #25

Quote:
mikeysotp, sorry if I implied anything I did not mean. There are absolutely new RV's sitting on dealer lots with Genesis radios in them. It all really depends on WHEN the unit was built and how many Genesis units may be in the distribution channel for a given RV manufacturer. Going forward all Genesis will be replaced with iRV.
Again, how does that help those of us with existing problems? You have commented on a thread now multiple times about a new product when the entire thread is about problems with an existing product we paid good money for.

And out of curiosity what if anything is so much better about the new units? I see that they have some better specs like the acceptance of bigger SD cards but that is kinda useless if they work as poorly as the old units. Not to mention the lack of support.......
Old 04-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #26
Owner - RVtronics

No problem Mike, I understand the confusion and I apologize I created it and was not more clear. I take full responsibility of that.

I do want to note that while I have been absent for a while, you can see from my post count, I had been actively engaged on this forum and with further review, you will see in a positive manner.

Sorry we are getting off on the wrong foot!

To address your supplier concerns...
The makers of Concertone/ Genesis was a company called Aridian Technology Company (my previous employer which I left as of 8/31/2013 as noted on a sticky in the tech section of this forum). Aridian supplied the industry for many, many years (I worked for them for 3-ish years) but as you can see by this forum and thread counts associated with Concertone or Genesis they were not without their share of issues.

The makers of the new products branded "iRV" is Quality Audio Video (QAV) a division of Patrick Industries (one of the foremost and suppliers to the RV industry. There is NO manufacturing relationship between the two companies through either ownership, operations or other. QAV Patrick is a well respected company and stands behind its products.

If you look at all radio brands sold within the rv industry, you will find many have the same feature sets give or take. You will also find the installation mounting and wiring for each is mostly different. Radio manufacturers do this so it is not easy to replace one brand with another.

iRV is filling a mounting hole that is current used in many RV's produced today (such as your recently purchased unit) but also is backwards compatible for potentially millions of Rv's. From a business perspective, this makes great sense.

Please let me know if this does not address your concern...

As an additional fyi - I include my phone number and email on every post. While I may not always be instantly available, I am available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
OK well I just bought a brand new Sabre and it came with the Genesis. So regardless of the truth, or not, of this comment I still have the same issues.

EDIT: Actually after some quick research it appears as I suspected that Concertone / Genesis / Model iRV is all the same stuff coming from the same place under different names. That is really comforting. Rather than help people out you are going to just try and sell them on the same garbage under a different brand?

I will be more than happy to retract this and eat crow if I am wrong but something stinks here.
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #27
Owner - RVtronics

Mike,

I replied several times on this thread but I was also asked a question about something off topic. Sorry for the added post count to the thread.

I have access to a GT3.0 that I will test this evening and see what I come up with. As I RECALL, you should be able to have folders as you desire but it has been a while since I have played with. The GT2.0 should also operate the same as the 3.0

I will get back to you with what I find later...

Quote:
Again, how does that help those of us with existing problems? You have commented on a thread now multiple times about a new product when the entire thread is about problems with an existing product we paid good money for.

And out of curiosity what if anything is so much better about the new units? I see that they have some better specs like the acceptance of bigger SD cards but that is kinda useless if they work as poorly as the old units. Not to mention the lack of support.......
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-08-2015, 11:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Mike,

I replied several times on this thread but I was also asked a question about something off topic. Sorry for the added post count to the thread.

I have access to a GT3.0 that I will test this evening and see what I come up with. As I RECALL, you should be able to have folders as you desire but it has been a while since I have played with. The GT2.0 should also operate the same as the 3.0

I will get back to you with what I find later...
Great, thank you. I plan to spend some time this weekend trying to sort out what does and doesn't work with my particular unit.

Here is what I can tell you so far:

1. Used 16gb USB and got nothing.

2. Moved everything to 8gb SD card formatted to FAT 32. Had everything in folders for artists and subfolders for songs. The thing just kept spinning and never played.

2. Took everything out of folders and it recognized about 120 songs out of over 500. Some of those play, some sit for a second and then automatically skip to the next track.

3. I have now converted everything to mp3 as most were m4a. I will update my findings with that in the next day or two.

Please get back to me with your findings. Make SURE you do that. I have a particular set of skills and huge inter-nuts as you have already seen.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #29
Owner - RVtronics

HI Mike,

Finally got everything setup and did some tests on a GT3.0 While my tests are not as extensive as yours, my purpose is to be sure what it is SUPPOSED to happen.

This is the menu that should appear when you insert an SD Card or USB Drive - the software is the same. As you can see by the picture, it identifies and displays the folders and contents. You can then select what you want to listen to or view.

According to the GT3.0 Operations Manual:USB / SD Card
This unit allows users to play files stored on both USB and SD cards including MP3 music, MP4 short video clips and JPEG photo files.
Therefore they don't warrant any other file type (such as your original m4a music files you were trying to use).

Also according to the GT3.0 Operations Manual:
SD Card slot
Reads media stored on SD cards. The GT-3.0 supports SD cards with up to 8GB capacity. The SD card must be formatted to be FAT or FAT32.
USB Port
The USB port will also charge many devices like iPods, MP3 players and cameras. Plus, allows users to play files stored on USB and USB attached media devices, including music, video and photo files.The GT-3.0 supports USB flash drives with up to 8GB capacity. The USB drive must be formatted to be FAT or FAT32.

Again, Genesis will not warrant if you are trying to use a device with more than 8Gig capacity.

As we have seen on some threads here, some folks have used bigger drives successfully, but it cannot be guaranteed.

The same menu system is used for video and photos as well as music and you should be able to mix and match.

I hope this was helpful!

Please let me know if I can test anything else specifically.

I look forward to your hearing your results.

Quote:
Great, thank you. I plan to spend some time this weekend trying to sort out what does and doesn't work with my particular unit.

Here is what I can tell you so far:

1. Used 16gb USB and got nothing.

2. Moved everything to 8gb SD card formatted to FAT 32. Had everything in folders for artists and subfolders for songs. The thing just kept spinning and never played.

2. Took everything out of folders and it recognized about 120 songs out of over 500. Some of those play, some sit for a second and then automatically skip to the next track.

3. I have now converted everything to mp3 as most were m4a. I will update my findings with that in the next day or two.

Please get back to me with your findings. Make SURE you do that. I have a particular set of skills and huge inter-nuts as you have already seen.
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-11-2015, 03:45 PM   #30

OK so I have been using the system a little and I'm so far very happy with it. My SD card is working well. One question, I am hooked up to the park cable and I am not able to get the audio to come through the speakers. Does the cable actually run through the unit? If not do I need to run any wires to get the cable audio to play through the speakers?
Old 04-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #31

Quote:
OK so I have been using the system a little and I'm so far very happy with it. My SD card is working well. One question, I am hooked up to the park cable and I am not able to get the audio to come through the speakers. Does the cable actually run through the unit? If not do I need to run any wires to get the cable audio to play through the speakers?
You should get it through the speakers by switching to I think it's AV1 or AV3 forgot which one. The cable is not connected to unit just RCA jacks. If I remember right, haven't used it this year yet. hope that helps. I still can not get mine to read a SD card of pictures in color seems they only show in black and white. USB drives work for music and pictures but the SD will not show color.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:01 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You should get it through the speakers by switching to I think it's AV1 or AV3 forgot which one. The cable is not connected to unit just RCA jacks. If I remember right, haven't used it this year yet. hope that helps. I still can not get mine to read a SD card of pictures in color seems they only show in black and white. USB drives work for music and pictures but the SD will not show color.
I get nothing through av1 or any thing else I tried. Not only that but my sd card worked for 1 day and now it keeps giving me an unsupported error no matter what I do. Wonderful.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #33

Quote:
I get nothing through av1 or any thing else I tried. Not only that but my sd card worked for 1 day and now it keeps giving me an unsupported error no matter what I do. Wonderful.
Okay, you need to pull the unit you will see the RCA jacks that go to the unit from the plate next to your cable and to the TV. I think the red or white is not connected. I have given up on that SD card and so did my dealer. It has the worst instructions that I have ever read. Maybe Bob Fields will see our post and give us some help.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #34
Owner - RVtronics

hi guys,

Sorry, I have been away.

The interesting thing is the USB and SD use the exact same software so if the USB works correctly the SD "Should" too.

mikeysotp, I was glad to hear you were working...

The TV audio is normally hooked up via AV1 as described. I have almost bnever seen it not working form the factory, but sometimes the dealer removes the TV from the RV while it is sitting on the lot to protect it from theft and sometime the cables on the back of the TV do not get reinstalled properly when the tv is put back in the RV. I would check the back of the TV first to ensure the AUDIO OUTPUT of the TV is connected. Depending on your TV this could be either RCA cables (RED&WHITE) or a mini stereo to RCA adapter. Check your TV Manual for audio output connection type.
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-16-2015, 02:08 PM   #35
Site Team - Lou

What size videos are you trying to watch?

Assuming you have jumped through all the formatting and SD card size wickets, there is also a video FILE size that is not documented.

Though the manual says "small" size videos; that is not defined.

I found that "normal" sized MP4 files (500 meg to 1 gig or so) do not play (freeze and stutter/pixelate) but smaller sized MP4 videos (no bigger than 4 or 5 minutes) play just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	74413  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

« New 320 | Palomini »