Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #1

Thumbs down Serious issues

Hey everyone I need some info, and wanted to see if anyone had the answer for me. i ordered a brand new Puma Unleashed Toy Hauler, I had it for about 5 months and it started to fall apart on me. The interior walls started to seperate from the exterior walls, light fixtures falling down, you name it it broke......So I contacted Puma, they came from Indiania to Ft Benning GA where I am stationed at and took it back to there factory, they have had it for 2 weeks now and hasnt even touched it. I need to contact a someone for help, the warranty department isnt helping me at all. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
ryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
Always Learning

I'm not sure what is normal, but my factory return process (different brand in Palomino, so different factories and all that) took about 4 months.

I also don't have any higher up contacts.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #3

Sorry to hear that. We have a 2013 PUMA Unleashed & have had no serious issues. Will be two years in June. The camper was a PUMA before that & had no issues with it either. Now is their busy building time, they may not have a dedicated repair area. I am not surprised that that have not had a chance to get started. It will probably take several months if the repairs are extensive. Do you have a PUMA dealer near by ??? maybe they can assist with who to contact. When ours was built our dealer was back & forth to the factory several times by phone. They may build all PUMA models on the same line.

Good Luck !!!!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw View Post
Hey everyone I need some info, and wanted to see if anyone had the answer for me. i ordered a brand new Puma Unleashed Toy Hauler, I had it for about 5 months and it started to fall apart on me. The interior walls started to seperate from the exterior walls, light fixtures falling down, you name it it broke......So I contacted Puma, they came from Indiania to Ft Benning GA where I am stationed at and took it back to there factory, they have had it for 2 weeks now and hasnt even touched it. I need to contact a someone for help, the warranty department isnt helping me at all. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Easy fix if I understand who you are

Assume Ft. Benning, you are US Army? Good. Go to the JAG and tell them your problem. Take your paperwork and be concise. It should not be a problem to have the JAG write a "letter of inquiry" to the head office on your behalf.

AMAZING things tend to happen these days when The Corporate Office gets word that one of our warfighters is getting jerked around.

BTW...thanks for your service! Army Strong!!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #5

Thanks, yes I am a NCO here at Benning, they have to start all over on it from scratch one, it seems like it would have been easier to just give me a new one, when puma came here they have 26 things wrong with it. I think I will do that....Thanks for the info
Old 04-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #6

Welcome to the FRF from Idaho.

This time of the year I'm betting two weeks is just not enough time for then to fix your trailer.
Weather has been a big factor on the east side of the states this year, I know they are behind on shipping them out so it stands to reason they are behind on everything else.

I would call about once a week and ask for a update just to let them know you are keeping an eye on them.

I thank you and your family for your service.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #7
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

What BamaBob said X2.... (I have fond childhood memories of Columbus while my Dad was stationed there in the 123rd Sig Btn, 3rd Inf Div before we gyro'd to Wurzburg, Germany in '58)

Best of luck to you with this issue and thanks for your continued service
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #8

the thing is they told me it would be done in 3 weeks, we had to move out of it and rent a cabin and its killing the wallet. I tried contacting them many times and now they wont call me back.....
Old 04-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks, yes I am a NCO here at Benning, they have to start all over on it from scratch one, it seems like it would have been easier to just give me a new one, when puma came here they have 26 things wrong with it. I think I will do that....Thanks for the info
RGR that SGT and you may want to consider a new replacement as well - discuss with JAG your options!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #10

Quote:
the thing is they told me it would be done in 3 weeks, we had to move out of it and rent a cabin and its killing the wallet. I tried contacting them many times and now they wont call me back.....
BREAK BREAK - I just re-read your post. Are you in PCS status? Awaiting Quarters? ACS is a potential player now - just for the short term because of your hardship.

I need a bit more SA on what's going on before I can further advise, but ACS is def a good start!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #11

no i still have a little over a year left here, we moved into it cause our house in Alaska has not sold yet, so we wanted to save on some money while still paying on our house in North Pole AK
Old 04-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #12

Copy that - sux the housing market is depressed - best of luck selling your quarters.

Still, recommend going to ACS and well as JAG - ACS may be able to help you get temp qtrs because this is a unusual situation that was unplanned. They are good that way.

Keep us posted on your progress soldier - I think you will like the result from ACS!