Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Physician

Thumbs up Shakedown Cruise

Well the wait is finally over.
Picked up my new Sabre 35QSIK-6 this past Saturday from Carpenter's Campers in Pensacola. After an extensive and exhaustive PDI, I drove it off the lot and took it down the road to the Shrine CG for the break-in camping weekend. All in all, I gotta tell ya I LOVE THIS RIG!!!
Towing was smooth, no issues with hook-up, braking, ride quality, all good. The DF and I spent the weekend going over everything with a fine-tooth comb. We found a few minor issues that we punch-listed for the dealer (whom we've already scheduled a return trip to later this week), but no major issues were found. For instance, we noted the compressor on the Dometic fridge was very loud. Otherwise no mechanical issues were found. We also noted some minor trim issues on the cabinetry, all of which the PDI tech fixed on Saturday. However, overall the build quality seems exceptional, IMHO, much better than the Keystone product we traded in.
We are both very pleased with the layout, the island kitchen paired with the Superlounge was the right decision. Pull out the sleeper for company and there's still space between the island and the stove/fridge slide for the kid to get to the bathroom w/o stepping on a sleeping guest. The bunk-room is perfect for our 12-yr old, and there's room for two friends to sleep over. The bathroom has a 30" x 50" shower-tub w/ seat that even I don't feel cramped in! The MBR has a bed slide which makes for plenty of walking room ( I could actually get dressed in the BR w/o hitting my head or stubbing a toe!).
I'll post some pics once the weather clears, got rained on this past weekend.
Doc

SabreDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #2

Congrats. Have a great time in your new RV.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #3

Congrats SabreDoc!!! Looking forward to the pics.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote