Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
That is sad, Still do not have ours fixed, checked on it last week, still waiting on the kitchen faucet and two more items. 6 weeks and counting. Come on Forester, you could at least extend our warranty's since you have had it more than I have had it.
__________________

__________________
lolasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 553
Funky,

First, let me say I feel your pain. Having issues with such a large purchase really sucks.

I think some of your items are just design flaws and not really build quality issues. If the legs are too short on your RV, then they are probably too short on everyone's. I'd certainly try to get longer legs, or a different kind of pin, if that will fix the issue. This is something I'd definately talk with Palomino directly about and not the idiots at the dealership.

You may want to consider culling your list a bit - is a shade contacting a cushion really a big deal to you, or are you just being picky? You may have to prioritize a bit to get the important stuff addressed. You credibility is enhanced if you're not pickin' nits.

There are some posts on noisy refrigerators. These fridges that are in a slide don't vent thru the roof like "normal" RVs. They have fans to blow out thru the side vent for cooling. They've just selected noisy fans I guess. There are some posts on this issue where people have changed them out for quiet fans. I'm nervous about getting a fridge in a slide, never had one before. If these blow all the time, probably does a number on your battery. Others have posted temp issues inside their fridges, probably related to this fan/venting issue. I suppose these fans could also be put on a switch, but that may cause a cooling problem in the summer months. Again, your dealer isn't going to mod your fridge to solve this issue. They only know to replace if the vendor allows it. Since this is design, I'd talk with Palomino directly about it.

The propane issue is something I'd be most concerned about. Does it smell like a leak, or is it that smell of burning propane? Some people are really sensitive to this smell (non-vented gas fireplaces have this issue), so this may be another design issue that you'll have to mod to address. The furnace I have in my TT makes a weak burning smell for a bit, then I either get accustomed to it, or it goes away. I'm on my second season and it's still makes the smell. I don't find it objectionable, just noticeable.

I'd strongly suggest you contact Palomino directly and see if you can get another dealer to help you. Sounds like this guy isn't interested.

Good luck and keep us posted.
__________________

__________________
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Mountainmanbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lakeside mountains, Calif
Posts: 707
miniature nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyJunk View Post

SO I think we may be taking it back. There are just far too many things going wrong on a $75k camper for me to think it will all be OK.

man oh man
after reading your story
it sure ain't love
if you can take it back
and
be back to where you were with no money lose
I would have done that yesterday

note
a new rig should not be
a miniature nightmare

Mountainman
__________________
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,343
My husband and I are purchasing the 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12, and are scheduled to pick it up next weekend. We will be traveling from Missouri to Ohio. We have an amazing sales rep who has been working side by side with us. Since we have never seen the unit in person, he has been more than happy to send me dozens of photos, and answeres all our questions! We paid for the second air conditioner to be installed in the bedroom, and FR is sending them a window so they can install a window in the main door to the coach. It comes with a peep hole, but I preferred a window.
After reading all these posts, I am so nervous now. Our dealer has on sight camping so that new buyers can camp for free and try out their new rigs. If any issues, the service department is there to resolve them.
We have the slide that houses the refrigerator and the stove and microwave, and I sure hope all goes well with that design. I am in love with this RV - and am so excited to go see her in person Nd bring her home! I hope I can bring some happy updates to this forum.
Funkyjunk I am just sick to my stomach for you and your wife! I am waiting to hear how everything turns out!
__________________
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #35
Just Love to Camp
 
TheFordes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
My husband and I are purchasing the 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12, and are scheduled to pick it up next weekend. We will be traveling from Missouri to Ohio. We have an amazing sales rep who has been working side by side with us. Since we have never seen the unit in person, he has been more than happy to send me dozens of photos, and answeres all our questions! We paid for the second air conditioner to be installed in the bedroom, and FR is sending them a window so they can install a window in the main door to the coach. It comes with a peep hole, but I preferred a window.
After reading all these posts, I am so nervous now. Our dealer has on sight camping so that new buyers can camp for free and try out their new rigs. If any issues, the service department is there to resolve them.
We have the slide that houses the refrigerator and the stove and microwave, and I sure hope all goes well with that design. I am in love with this RV - and am so excited to go see her in person Nd bring her home! I hope I can bring some happy updates to this forum.
Funkyjunk I am just sick to my stomach for you and your wife! I am waiting to hear how everything turns out!

Welcome to the XLR family. We have a 386x12 2012 and have had a lot of problems. I am hoping for your sake and others in the family that the build team was just having a bad day. there is a member that I know just bought a 385x12 he it MightyMike. if you want to pm me I will tell you more. Also MightyMike is pretty good about PM also if you have questions. Good luck and Happy camping!
__________________
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
funkyJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Funky,

First, let me say I feel your pain. Having issues with such a large purchase really sucks.

I think some of your items are just design flaws and not really build quality issues. If the legs are too short on your RV, then they are probably too short on everyone's. I'd certainly try to get longer legs, or a different kind of pin, if that will fix the issue. This is something I'd definately talk with Palomino directly about and not the idiots at the dealership.

You may want to consider culling your list a bit - is a shade contacting a cushion really a big deal to you, or are you just being picky? You may have to prioritize a bit to get the important stuff addressed. You credibility is enhanced if you're not pickin' nits.

There are some posts on noisy refrigerators. These fridges that are in a slide don't vent thru the roof like "normal" RVs. They have fans to blow out thru the side vent for cooling. They've just selected noisy fans I guess. There are some posts on this issue where people have changed them out for quiet fans. I'm nervous about getting a fridge in a slide, never had one before. If these blow all the time, probably does a number on your battery. Others have posted temp issues inside their fridges, probably related to this fan/venting issue. I suppose these fans could also be put on a switch, but that may cause a cooling problem in the summer months. Again, your dealer isn't going to mod your fridge to solve this issue. They only know to replace if the vendor allows it. Since this is design, I'd talk with Palomino directly about it.

The propane issue is something I'd be most concerned about. Does it smell like a leak, or is it that smell of burning propane? Some people are really sensitive to this smell (non-vented gas fireplaces have this issue), so this may be another design issue that you'll have to mod to address. The furnace I have in my TT makes a weak burning smell for a bit, then I either get accustomed to it, or it goes away. I'm on my second season and it's still makes the smell. I don't find it objectionable, just noticeable.

I'd strongly suggest you contact Palomino directly and see if you can get another dealer to help you. Sounds like this guy isn't interested.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks for the post, wincrasher.

The blind is about 8 inches above the bottom of the window so no, it's not being picky. We can't sit and eat our meals in privacy when we are close to neighbors.

I've never had a refrigerator in a slide before so maybe that's it. Although I have worked on computers since they came into existence and the fans they use (Same 12 volt as computer) are never this loud. They should fix this, not me. I know there is a fix and I think Dometic even has a repair for it.

I have smelled the burn off/spent propane before and this is not it. It usually smells that way for several hours, smokes a little and then goes away. This lasted 24 hours. Neither one of us wanted to stay in the camper another minute.
__________________
2013 Palomino Columbus 385BH
2011 Ford F350 DRW 6.7
funkyJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,343
Hi TheFordes! I saw your earlier post and saw you too had the XLR! You have a beautiful unit! Thank you for the PM invite! I would love a heads up and any helpful information you can offer on what you experienced and how it may help us to be proactive in looking for possible problems. I found an extensive PDI inventory list to use as a guide when we go to pick up the unit. Heaven help me if we bring home anything like what Funkyjunk is going through.....as I was the one who fell in love with the FR XLR and convinced my husband to upgrade!
__________________
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 40
I have a Columbus 365RL on order, and am going to the factory next week to see it being built. It also scares the crap out of me to hear all these issues. I retired a few months ago and have always dreamed about having a nice fifth wheel to call my second home. We are having ours delivered to Florida to spend this winter in at a RV park. I don't have a tow vehicle as of now, so if any serious issues arise I'll have a real problem. I bought it in Ohio at RVW. They say there is no problem getting warranty work done with their network of facilities throughout the area. we'll see. The issues that some people are having just should not occur, at least not as widespread. I'll also keep you posted.
To C.C. does all this negative concerns mean anything to FR or Palomino, or is it just business as usual.?
__________________
WRROST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
funkyJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRROST View Post
I have a Columbus 365RL on order, and am going to the factory next week to see it being built. It also scares the crap out of me to hear all these issues. I retired a few months ago and have always dreamed about having a nice fifth wheel to call my second home. We are having ours delivered to Florida to spend this winter in at a RV park. I don't have a tow vehicle as of now, so if any serious issues arise I'll have a real problem. I bought it in Ohio at RVW. They say there is no problem getting warranty work done with their network of facilities throughout the area. we'll see. The issues that some people are having just should not occur, at least not as widespread. I'll also keep you posted.
To C.C. does all this negative concerns mean anything to FR or Palomino, or is it just business as usual.?
I would seriously reconsider. I wondered what would happen if I was a full timer and didn't have a place to live for 6 weeks (or more).

I was promised over and over that the problems had been resolved from the factory and I would have no issues.

My dealer said they have had the same problems out of every unit they have sold (and they are a major dealer). So much so that they have one of the "higher ups" from the manufacturer coming to discuss the issues later in the month.

Some people have had good results on here but I promise there isn't one person with a Columbus over 2 months that hasn't had to have it in for service.

Some of my issues were "livable" at first but then some made me feel my family was at risk.

Good luck in your decision. I honestly hope it works out for you.
__________________
2013 Palomino Columbus 385BH
2011 Ford F350 DRW 6.7
funkyJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyJunk
I would seriously reconsider. I wondered what would happen if I was a full timer and didn't have a place to live for 6 weeks (or more).

I was promised over and over that the problems had been resolved from the factory and I would have no issues.

My dealer said they have had the same problems out of every unit they have sold (and they are a major dealer). So much so that they have one of the "higher ups" from the manufacturer coming to discuss the issues later in the month.

Some people have had good results on here but I promise there isn't one person with a Columbus over 2 months that hasn't had to have it in for service.

Some of my issues were "livable" at first but then some made me feel my family was at risk.

Good luck in your decision. I honestly hope it works out for you.
Just because you have had issues doesn't mean everybody that buys the same make is going to have issues.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.