Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #61

I guess I don't quite understand what you are saying.

I bought a newly built house a couple years ago and never had to make a claim. I would have been surprised if I did.

You would think that if your dealer knew you were reliant on your RV in your livelihood, or if you were living in it full time, they would go the extra mile to fix you up. Not string you along so they can collect more warranty $$ from Palomino.

You are right though in that if you ain't getting adequate service, you need to move on to someone else.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #62
Trailer Trash

You were lucky - no warranty claims on a brand new single family home. I used to live with realtors about 15 years ago. LOTS of phone calls from their customers about things needing to be fixed buy the various contractors that built the house.

Like RV's - houses, contractors, realtors, quality, experiances will vary. One of the tests I used in buying my Columbus was how many consecutive years has the dealer been in business. Mine has been around since the 1966. They know how to setup and fix campers and take care of customers. About Cheyenne Camping Center
http://www.cheyennecampingcenter.com/value_home
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #63

Woa,woa,woa, Joe, put a little water on the fire-- I've been to Both Cheyenne RV and RV World and feel the same about both of them-- they are both great! We have bought 2 used and 2 new from RV World and all different Manufactures and problems with all of them and RV World DID their darndest to take care of the problems under warrenty in a timely matter. We did buy one other new one from another dealer and the problems on it we had trouble getting taken care of so we went back to RV World. Maybe, just maybe, with you also being a salesperson, you have a different tactic on how to approach problems and take care of them from the way someone else does.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #64
Trailer Trash

I didn't buy local. I don't get mine serviced local either as I hire a traveling master tech. For many years I traveled all over USA and Canada for work. We are in a WORLD marketplace guys. Giving the dealer next door to where I live my business only makes sense to me if its the best value. I got no beef with RV World Rod. They simply did not go out of their way to earn my business.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #65

OK, sorry to bite yur butt, i thought you had gotten bad feelings from RV World and thought maybe it was just an off day around there-- I get treated REALLY well when i walk in the door there.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #66
Trailer Trash

I'll bet you a case of beer I could walk in their door and they would have no idea who I am. No problem Rod. Winter is gonna suck but summer will be heaven. That's how we roll in Minnesota!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #67

I talked to the manufacturer and they "say" they are going to take care of it. I have no reason to doubt them yet although they won't even get to it for at least another 2 weeks. Then the time of the repairs and getting it back to me.
Luckily my wife is about to go into labor any second so I won't be using it anyway but September and October are when I use my camper non-stop and I haven't even seen it. I'm done with my dealer. The manufacturer is "trying" but I'm still not satisfied. Better, but not satisfied.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #68
Trailer Trash

We are all waiting to hear the outcome/results in a month or so. It's the factory's opportunity to shine. They will get their money back on additional sales through good press via social networks and community forums like this one. Good news travels fast nowadays. But bad news travels even faster!

There is a weird concept in customer service. Having problems is actually an opportunity for companies! Those of you in sales and service industries already know this. The opportunity to fix things and do a good job creates an even stronger relationship with the customer after it's all done. Works all the time. It even works with your spouse if you think about it. Congrats on the new baby FJ!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Congrats on the new baby FJ!
Thanks! I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome. Hopefully they get it right. If it comes back unfinished again I have no idea what I am going to do.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #70
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyJunk View Post
If it comes back unfinished again I have no idea what I am going to do.
Sell it to me for $25K. LOL!