Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #1

Solaire 317BHSK axles

Can anyone with a Solaire 317 BHSK let me know what the axle weight ratings are on their trailer? There should be a sticker on each axle.

Mine are both rated for 3500 lbs but I think they should be 4000 lbs since the trailer gvwr is 8625.

With 3500 lb axles that would put 1625 lbs on the hitch! I'm sure that's not right.

Any thoughts?

2014 Palomino Solaire 317BHSK
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0 Diesel
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
RV Enthusiast since 1978

If you have not found the answer to your question, visit the Palomino RV Facebook page and post your question there. Palomino RV is very good to answer quickly. Just quote your vin # in your post.

Lou

.....the big rolling turd II is back in the driveway for another season of travels!

Glendale 290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #3

Thanks. Yes I did, they ended up replacing the axles to 4000 lb ones

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-02-2016, 11:54 PM   #4

Did the trailer get the wrong axles initially? You had to take in to shop and they replaced them? What a pain.
allisonanddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:19 AM   #5

Yes they were the wrong axles when I bought it new from the dealer. And yes I had to take it to the dealer to replace them.

The mistakes on this trailer from the dealer and manufacturer have been beyond belief.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #6

I have the same trailer, mine is a 2014, and am curious what has been wrong with it. The last time we took ours out,the rear slide came in slightly crooked and ripped off the window valance on the back wall. I've noticed the rear slide coming in very slowly and crooked for a while now. Also when we have the rear stabilizers out, we can't bring the slide in very easily. We have to retract the stabilizers to get the slide to retract. Maybe I need to have it looked at. We just got past our 1 year mark but we got the extra year warranty.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:28 AM   #7

Your slides probably just need adjusting; ours were coming in crooked and had the dealer straightened them out.

The biggest problem we had is after we bought it we found out the holding tank capacity was nearly half of what they told us. Extremely irritating. There was supposed to be 2, 38 gallon grey tanks but there was only 1 and the fresh water was 24 gallons and not 32 like they had told us.

The other big issue was when the water filter came off and flooded the trailer. Had to take everything out and dry it. The under belly filled with water and the trailer looked like it was pregnant.

a water line leak hidden away that would come and go that took me weeks to find, and then just a bunch of small repairs like might be typical.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:32 AM   #8

Oh man. That's not good. Anything having to do with water leaks scares me. Did they change the water tanks. How did you know the tanks were small. I mean it would be kind of tough to measure that by putting in water. Can they add another grey. Or make it bigger.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #9

Oh and then there was the problem with hardly any heat getting to the back room from the furnace. When the dealer looked at it the manufacturer had left an extra 8 feet of ducting to that heat register. I guess the guys building it couldn't be bothered to cut off the excess.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #10

When I first got it I was surprised how quickly the tank filled up so I timed how long to fill a gallon container from the shower, then I emptied the grey tank and timed how long it took to fill. That gave me about 40 gals. After I asked the dealer they looked into it and said it was 38 gals and the fresh water was 24 gals.

All they did to compensate me for the tanks was give me a portable dump tank which I just ended up selling because it's useless to me. Palomino blamed the dealer for not knowing and the dealer blamed palomino for not telling them they changed the specs. The tank sizes were not on the contract so there was nothing more I could do. Palomino finally updated their website like a year later (2 years after they made the tank size change)

Old 03-04-2016, 02:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Voyage View Post
Your slides probably just need adjusting; ours were coming in crooked and had the dealer straightened them out.

The biggest problem we had is after we bought it we found out the holding tank capacity was nearly half of what they told us. Extremely irritating. There was supposed to be 2, 38 gallon grey tanks but there was only 1 and the fresh water was 24 gallons and not 32 like they had told us.

The other big issue was when the water filter came off and flooded the trailer. Had to take everything out and dry it. The under belly filled with water and the trailer looked like it was pregnant.

a water line leak hidden away that would come and go that took me weeks to find, and then just a bunch of small repairs like might be typical.

I have read the nightmares about the twist on water filters....some back off slowly and some sound like a shotgun going off in the trailer....We removed the filter, put the case back on and use an external water filter for showers and restroom water....we use gallon water to cook with...of course we keep ours at the lake with full hook ups...I realize that most people tow theirs around the country...we use ours as a lake house...

-Bill Thomas
Palomino Solaire 317 BHSK
billt01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle