Old 03-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #21

267 bhdsk purchased last fall. Couple of warranty issues that have been fixed, but nothing major so far. Only got a few trips in before winter arrived, so looking forward to a lot more trips this year.

ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:22 PM   #22

We have decided against the Solaire... We're going to get a Reflection TT made by Grand Design next year. I've been researching TTs for a long time, and there are just a few that have a bit better quality. Forest River doesn't seem to have anything we'll be satisfied with.

Thanks for all the replies. Best of luck, and see you at the park...

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
We have decided against the Solaire... We're going to get a Reflection TT made by Grand Design next year. I've been researching TTs for a long time, and there are just a few that have a bit better quality. Forest River doesn't seem to have anything we'll be satisfied with.

Thanks for all the replies. Best of luck, and see you at the park...

Not trying to bash anyone, have not done any research on quality ratings or anything else, but...........

I stopped and looked a Grand Design on my way to the Sabre dealer and thought the quality was terrible.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
Not trying to bash anyone, have not done any research on quality ratings or anything else, but...........

I stopped and looked a Grand Design on my way to the Sabre dealer and thought the quality was terrible.

Just my 2 cents.
Can you be more specific on what quality items you are referring to?
Old 03-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot1 View Post
Can you be more specific on what quality items you are referring to?
I've honestly looked at hundreds of campers and I don't necessarily remember exactly what I didn't like about that one. I do remember giving the salesman a hard time about the fact that there was a piece of trim completely missing and two others falling off. There was also a screw through the side of the bench in the dinette which had ripped the cushion. I know that none of these issues are all that big of a deal but I worry about what else I'm going to find out the hard way when they can't even get the little things right.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #26

I've looked at hundreds of TTs, too. I am convinced that I just got lucky with my current unit. It has had it's problems but they have been minor, or caused by me... Having worked on mine extensively, and a friend's even more... ... I can't believe the poor workmanship, that if improved, would improve the quality of the industry by leaps and bounds. The materials used could stand some improvement, too. So far I looked at 5 units made by Palomino. All had problems that I would not trust the dealer's minimum-wage workers to be able to correct. I have only looked at 3 Grand Design trailers, and none had any obvious problem. Further, all the trim was wood, not mdf covered with wood-grain plastic. I have been perusing the Grand Design owners site, and I see none of the ranting about ruined trips that I see here... So... mikeysotp... we'll just have to agree to disagree... respectfully, I hope...
Old 03-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I've looked at hundreds of TTs, too. I am convinced that I just got lucky with my current unit. It has had it's problems but they have been minor, or caused by me... Having worked on mine extensively, and a friend's even more... ... I can't believe the poor workmanship, that if improved, would improve the quality of the industry by leaps and bounds. The materials used could stand some improvement, too. So far I looked at 5 units made by Palomino. All had problems that I would not trust the dealer's minimum-wage workers to be able to correct. I have only looked at 3 Grand Design trailers, and none had any obvious problem. Further, all the trim was wood, not mdf covered with wood-grain plastic. I have been perusing the Grand Design owners site, and I see none of the ranting about ruined trips that I see here... So... mikeysotp... we'll just have to agree to disagree... respectfully, I hope...
Honestly I can't even say I disagree with you. I too have heard lots of positive and very little negative about Grand Design. If their layout was more geared to the specific features I wanted I probably would have had them much higher up on my list. Unfortunately the other factor they had against them was the salesman I dealt with clearly didn't know the product and gave off that sleazy used car salesman vibe. For all I know that unit I looked at went to a show and I've seen what people do at those things! Anyway, best of luck to you!!!!
Old 04-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #28

I know this post has been here for a while. But I just wanted to say that I have a solaire 267bhsk. I took delivery of it August 26th 2014. We just came back from our 3rd trip this year with it. We did have about 25 nights in it last year before we winterized it the last of nov. And I must say we have had a couple minor issues but our dealer was right there everytime and fixed the problems then expanded what he did. I am very pleased with my camper. My dealer has been there for years. And he was telling me no matter what brand it is or who makes it that almost every camper comes back in for a least one time for some kinda warranty work. I know other people may have issues too. But I think they all have a few. Just my opinion but I really love my solaire.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:43 PM   #29

I appreciate your comment, Daniel. I'm truly glad you have a good unit that you can enjoy. I have been out looking and even though I had decided to stop looking at the Solaire units... I keep coming back for another peek. Ssoooo............ maybe I haven't given up on them completely. My only problem with Grand Design is I'm limited to a travel trailer... and they only have 2 models... neither of which suits my needs perfectly. Another reason is that whatever I buy will probably get used extensively for about 5 years and then sold... So it doesn't have to be perfect, but serviceable. I'm looking hard at Winnebago Ultra Lites, and Jayco Eagles, too. I'll be 65 when I retire and I don't expect to be on the road much past 70 or so... but I may surprise even myself... I just don't want a poor-quality unit to deprive me of any of my retirement travel plans. I have a LOT of fly fishing to get done!!!
Old 04-19-2015, 11:01 PM   #30

Enjoy your retirement!

Nights camped: 2015 (4) as of 5/25 2014 (44) 2013 (26)
ProPride Review
Kash76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality