Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2017, 04:07 AM   #21

Go with the end cap and install a frame mounted hitch after delivery. You could then use whatever bike rack you prefer. I have the Thule T2, but my next one will be the 1UpUsa rack.
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:07 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
Go with the end cap and install a frame mounted hitch after delivery. You could then use whatever bike rack you prefer. I have the Thule T2, but my next one will be the 1UpUsa rack.
That's kind of what I'm thinking. I hope it's not too hard to get to the frame.
strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #23

What pick up truck do you plan on towing this with?
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #24

A SRW F350 that I'll purchase this winter. I just sold my trailer, now I'll sell my F150 and make the jump to a 350 and mid bunk fifth wheel.
strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_gts View Post

So this is probably the bike rack?

Maybe I'm a moron but I can't see how you would ever use that for a couple adult and kid bikes.

I can see using it as a platform for maybe carrying other cargo though.

Boy that end cap is more and more tempting though just from a pure aesthetics perspective though.

Here's the end cap.

I wonder how much weight that rear bumper can hold. Even if you could put 100lbs on it you could put a couple bikes on a bumper mounted bike rack which would be huge. I don't think Palamino would love that idea but if you went extremely light maybe you would be fine.
The Columbus with the rear cap has a receiver hitch to mount a bike rack.
Soxfan1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_gts View Post
Thank you for the posts and photo!

I guess what I'm basically doing is going through the order form checklist and have found that you guys probably know more than most dealers, for better or worse.

So I do see that you can get a tankless water heater. As much as I LOVE them, I've heard that they can be bad in RVs because they need a certain level of water pressure to be useful, otherwise you just get a steady stream of luke-warm water. Does anyone know what brand/model the tankless option is? As far as the 10 gallon option goes, I know that there is variation in quality among the different manufacturers, however few they may be.

As far as the Splendide option goes for washer and driers, that's almost what I was hoping for because I've read nothing but good things about them. They seem like kind of the default option for higher end/mid range rvs.

As for the bike rack, when you order these you basically decide between having a end rear cap or having the bike rack, you can't choose both. You only get one or the other. I'd rather have a GOOD bike rack than an end cap, but I'd rather have an end cap than a useless bike rack. I know that the bike rack on my Rockwood is basically completely useless. Thank you for the photo of the bike rack! Hopefully I can track some more info down on it.

I'm thrilled that you love yours! I'm probably going to get a 377MB or 377MBC.
I just bought the 377MB. Pick it up this Saturday, 2/23. We liked the upgrades on the MB such as stainless sink, large window on door and many other items.
GUTOWSCR471 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbus, fifth wheel, wheel