Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #1

Spare tire on Columbus

I did not check the spare tire pressure or the capability to lower the spare on the PDI. Tried to lower spare this morning to check pressure and tire would only drop about 3 inches then start back up again. The cable was not wound properly and was partially around the gears outside the pulley. I had to block up tire to get the tension off the cable and completely remove the pulley. It took 2-3 hours of work to get cable untwisted and bound in the pulley. Mine is probably the only one but it is worth checking before you have to need the spare on the road.
fish70mg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #2

I had the same problem except my wheel on the pulley was cracked when the wire got into the gears. Dealer ordered new one and they sent "entire assembly" and it was totally destroyed in shipment. So now waiting on second assembly.
mmunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #3

Good info, I will check mine.
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote