Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #1

Stains on Nose of 31RETS Sabre

Hi all. Upon arriving in my driveway yesterday, I noticed several dark red stains on the nose of my 2011 Sabre, that for some reason I hadn't seen before. Three weeks ago I travelled through road construction east of Glacier Park, but dont recall getting into any Tar or other contaminants, There are no stains on my truck. My trailer is not parked under any trees or other obsticles. The stains are almost symetrical on both sides of the nose. Today I've tried , in order, glass cleaner, WD-40, Varsol, and Acetone ( carefully) with no success. In fact, there was no residue on cleaning towels after. In the photo you can see one stain over the "A" and one over the "R". Is it possible this is a glue problem, or does anyone have any better ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1056.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	17763  
spurge1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #2

Looks like the sticker is wearing.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurge1947
Hi all. Upon arriving in my driveway yesterday, I noticed several dark red stains on the nose of my 2011 Sabre, that for some reason I hadn't seen before. Three weeks ago I travelled through road construction east of Glacier Park, but dont recall getting into any Tar or other contaminants, There are no stains on my truck. My trailer is not parked under any trees or other obsticles. The stains are almost symetrical on both sides of the nose. Today I've tried , in order, glass cleaner, WD-40, Varsol, and Acetone ( carefully) with no success. In fact, there was no residue on cleaning towels after. In the photo you can see one stain over the "A" and one over the "R". Is it possible this is a glue problem, or does anyone have any better ideas?
Dear customer
Any chance you can PM me some closer pictures? Be careful on the ladder.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Here to Help

follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear customer
Any chance you can PM me some closer pictures? Be careful on the ladder.
Dear Owner,
Thanks for providing me some more detailed pictures. I've given them to the Sabre Warranty Department. Please let the members know how we resolve your issue.

Thanks for being a Sabre owner.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #5

Thanks SabreSam, the warranty manager for Forest River is sending me new Decals for the nose of my Sabre, and I will arrange to have them affixed at my nearest US dealer at Forest Rivers expense. I will update this thread at the conclusion of the process. Thanks for all your help.
spurge1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurge1947
Thanks SabreSam, the warranty manager for Forest River is sending me new Decals for the nose of my Sabre, and I will arrange to have them affixed at my nearest US dealer at Forest Rivers expense. I will update this thread at the conclusion of the process. Thanks for all your help.
When you get the decals, try and lay them flat until the install. It will help the installer.