Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Sounds like quite a mess,,,,assuming your deposit was fairly sizable,,might be time to have a beer with your attorney.
As for me,,,I would make the drive and ask (get) for my deposit back!
Wishing you well,,,
Dru
__________________

__________________
Dru R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 107
Well, I finally heard back from the dealer. For some reason the GM figures that if he doesnt have a good answer for someone he just won't call them back. Wow, but that's a different story. My sales guy called me back, apologized, and went on the explain that the dealership is being sold. According to him, there is already a new majority owner and they are in the middle of finalizing the paperwork and aquiring a finance company to buy the floor plans. He expects it to be resolved in the next couple of weeks. He stated that he is still going to honor my deal and will even "do something for us when we pick up the camper" So after discussing it, we decided to give them a couple or three more weeks. We figure that its December, so not like its May. We have our sites set on this particular camper and we would rather wait at this point.
__________________

__________________
Dave and Kim
Charlie and Ripken (4 Leggers)
2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L Diesel
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #13
Member
 
1jeb289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo View Post
Well, I finally heard back from the dealer. For some reason the GM figures that if he doesnt have a good answer for someone he just won't call them back. Wow, but that's a different story. My sales guy called me back, apologized, and went on the explain that the dealership is being sold. According to him, there is already a new majority owner and they are in the middle of finalizing the paperwork and aquiring a finance company to buy the floor plans. He expects it to be resolved in the next couple of weeks. He stated that he is still going to honor my deal and will even "do something for us when we pick up the camper" So after discussing it, we decided to give them a couple or three more weeks. We figure that its December, so not like its May. We have our sites set on this particular camper and we would rather wait at this point.
Sporoo, Glad to hear they are going to make things fight for you. You will be happy with the 320 RS. The DW and I are very happy with ours.
__________________
1jeb289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 107
Question

Well, so I have a bit of an update, but not any real answers yet. We spoke with the GM today (yes, we called, not them). We still didn't get any concrete answers, but did find out that they finally have the financing taken care of. We told him that we wanted a firm date as to when we can plan on picking up the new camper. He is speaking with the new owner today, and says he will call me tomorrow by 5 with an answer. Lets hope we get a good answer. I am tired of waiting. So keep your fingers crossed for us!
__________________
Dave and Kim
Charlie and Ripken (4 Leggers)
2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L Diesel
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
FandRChambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 373
Welcome and good luck Sporoo. I take it the deal you got was well worth the wait. I agree with everyone, the no call backs bother me too. It's Decemeber, most people are not camping so just be straight about what's going on. Be interesting to hear who this dealer is.
__________________
Fred & Teresa
2005 Coachmen Encore Sportscoach
2005 Harley Road King
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 107
well, we got a call yesterday, hoping for a definitive answer, we didn't. The GM called and said that they are still finalizing the financing from the floor planner so they can purchase the new units that are done and waiting at the factory. He projects Feb 1st as the date to have everything finalized. How long after that we recieve it remains to be seen. SInce it has been finished for almost two months now, this was not real good news for us. I am not happy that it is in a field somewhere, covered with snow, etc. In addition, we will now have to resubmit for our own financing, which once again is not what I want to do. So, the only alternative is to have the owner step up and authorize payment to get it early. We are supposed to recieve word today or tomorrow. Ughhh!
__________________
Dave and Kim
Charlie and Ripken (4 Leggers)
2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L Diesel
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 39
I don't believe it should take that long to secure financing unless the dealership has big financial problems. Sounds like they may be looking around for someone to finance them. I hope that you didn't put down a large down payment. We ordered our Columbus 320 RS on Nov 17 and picked it up Monday. The dealer asked for a $500 deposit and held our check without cashing it. Obviously they didn't need our deposit in order to maintain their cash flow. I hope it all works out in the end for you.
__________________
Rogerl1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,762
I had a weird experience with our dealer. We put $5,000 down. 2 or 3 times (once on a Sunday), the dealer called and asked if I'd be willing to put more down (like up to $20,000). Just felt like they were hard-up for money and were squeezing anywhere they could. WHICH made me do just the opposite - I held onto my monies until my camper arrived and we picked it up and all that jazz. No issues, but we did overhear some of their office staff talking about how money was tight (e.g. no money for office supplies).
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 39
You were wise to cut off the money. Unless your name is Warren Buffett you shouldn't be risking your money to help keep a business afloat. I am leery of dealing with a company wanting a large deposit when you don't have anything materially to show for it.
__________________

__________________
Rogerl1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.