Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #1

Still Waiting

Well folks, I am now into the 11th week in waiting for our 320RS. It has been built and completed at the factory for 4 weeks. I am getting no response from the dealer, even after speaking with the GM and coming to an understanding that all I want is return phone calls. I am now getting to the point where a physical visit is in order (2 1/2 hr ride), The problem is, the owner is not any better at returning phone calls. I am totally convinced that I have made a big mistake in the dealer I chose to order from. If this is the way they treat their customers, I can only imagine how they treat them after the sale. I am not going to let them out of the deal, so I will be a little more patient, then I will be getting my lawyer involved. If anyone has any thoughts, please send them in!
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Phat Phrog

Welcome to the Forum! What a beautiful fifth wheel you bought!! It is so odd that they are not responding to your inquiries!! I do not understand why it is so hard to give excellent customer service!! I hope you hear from them soon! I understand how excited you must be to get her home!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum, could you tell us the dealership name.
cantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #4

Thank you for the welcomes. I have been a member for a while now, but just haven't received the camper yet. I do not want to divulge the name of the dealer yet. I do not want to jeopardize getting the camper.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Old 12-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like it's waiting for a transportation company to deliver it to the dealership, which I believe in most cases, is the responsibility of the manufacturer not the dealer.

Doesn't let the dealer off the hook for not responding to your inquiries though.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Sounds like it's waiting for a transportation company to deliver it to the dealership, which I believe in most cases, is the responsibility of the manufacturer not the dealer.

Doesn't let the dealer off the hook for not responding to your inquiries though.

Dave
X2 - we had the same problem in the spring. We thought it was the dealership as well but it was just sitting in dispatch at the factory waiting for a transport company to ship it. The clincher for you is no one at the dealership is responding to you. That doesn't bode well when you have a problem that requires you to take it back to them.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #7

Angry

Yeah, I know it can be the factory, but not in this case, it is the dealership. They are in the middle of getting a new finance company and it is taking time. I don't have an issue with the time, just the lack of response.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
Oklahoma Proud

That sux that they wont return your calls, too bad you can't just tell em see ya- but I know after waiting so long you are really wanting to get in that trailer and get camping.
Our dealer sent a driver and had it picked up the day after it came off-line, and showed up 2 days later. But I have heard if they don't do that, it does take awhile to get delivered.
Best of luck to you!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #9

The problem is with the dealership. The manufacture won't release the unit until its paid for with a check or financing from the dealership. I ordered a 365 saq this past year. The day it rolled off the line the dealership fedexd a check to the manufacture (FR). As soon as they got the check the trailer was picked up by the shipper - the next day. The shipper is controlled and paid by the dealer. Your dealer floor plans his units and has to wait on the finance company. My dealer pays cash for all his units. You know the old saying Money talks!!! Sorry to hear of your problems Good luck.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Site Team

Sorry to hear that you still don't have your beautiful camper.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #11

Sounds like quite a mess,,,,assuming your deposit was fairly sizable,,might be time to have a beer with your attorney.
As for me,,,I would make the drive and ask (get) for my deposit back!
Wishing you well,,,
Dru
Dru R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #12

Well, I finally heard back from the dealer. For some reason the GM figures that if he doesnt have a good answer for someone he just won't call them back. Wow, but that's a different story. My sales guy called me back, apologized, and went on the explain that the dealership is being sold. According to him, there is already a new majority owner and they are in the middle of finalizing the paperwork and aquiring a finance company to buy the floor plans. He expects it to be resolved in the next couple of weeks. He stated that he is still going to honor my deal and will even "do something for us when we pick up the camper" So after discussing it, we decided to give them a couple or three more weeks. We figure that its December, so not like its May. We have our sites set on this particular camper and we would rather wait at this point.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo View Post
Well, I finally heard back from the dealer. For some reason the GM figures that if he doesnt have a good answer for someone he just won't call them back. Wow, but that's a different story. My sales guy called me back, apologized, and went on the explain that the dealership is being sold. According to him, there is already a new majority owner and they are in the middle of finalizing the paperwork and aquiring a finance company to buy the floor plans. He expects it to be resolved in the next couple of weeks. He stated that he is still going to honor my deal and will even "do something for us when we pick up the camper" So after discussing it, we decided to give them a couple or three more weeks. We figure that its December, so not like its May. We have our sites set on this particular camper and we would rather wait at this point.
Sporoo, Glad to hear they are going to make things fight for you. You will be happy with the 320 RS. The DW and I are very happy with ours.
1jeb289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #14

Question

Well, so I have a bit of an update, but not any real answers yet. We spoke with the GM today (yes, we called, not them). We still didn't get any concrete answers, but did find out that they finally have the financing taken care of. We told him that we wanted a firm date as to when we can plan on picking up the new camper. He is speaking with the new owner today, and says he will call me tomorrow by 5 with an answer. Lets hope we get a good answer. I am tired of waiting. So keep your fingers crossed for us!
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #15

Welcome and good luck Sporoo. I take it the deal you got was well worth the wait. I agree with everyone, the no call backs bother me too. It's Decemeber, most people are not camping so just be straight about what's going on. Be interesting to hear who this dealer is.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #16

well, we got a call yesterday, hoping for a definitive answer, we didn't. The GM called and said that they are still finalizing the financing from the floor planner so they can purchase the new units that are done and waiting at the factory. He projects Feb 1st as the date to have everything finalized. How long after that we recieve it remains to be seen. SInce it has been finished for almost two months now, this was not real good news for us. I am not happy that it is in a field somewhere, covered with snow, etc. In addition, we will now have to resubmit for our own financing, which once again is not what I want to do. So, the only alternative is to have the owner step up and authorize payment to get it early. We are supposed to recieve word today or tomorrow. Ughhh!
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #17

I don't believe it should take that long to secure financing unless the dealership has big financial problems. Sounds like they may be looking around for someone to finance them. I hope that you didn't put down a large down payment. We ordered our Columbus 320 RS on Nov 17 and picked it up Monday. The dealer asked for a $500 deposit and held our check without cashing it. Obviously they didn't need our deposit in order to maintain their cash flow. I hope it all works out in the end for you.
Rogerl1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
Always Learning

I had a weird experience with our dealer. We put $5,000 down. 2 or 3 times (once on a Sunday), the dealer called and asked if I'd be willing to put more down (like up to $20,000). Just felt like they were hard-up for money and were squeezing anywhere they could. WHICH made me do just the opposite - I held onto my monies until my camper arrived and we picked it up and all that jazz. No issues, but we did overhear some of their office staff talking about how money was tight (e.g. no money for office supplies).
Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #19

You were wise to cut off the money. Unless your name is Warren Buffett you shouldn't be risking your money to help keep a business afloat. I am leery of dealing with a company wanting a large deposit when you don't have anything materially to show for it.
Rogerl1016 is offline   Reply With Quote