Old 07-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #1

Tank drains??

Hey all, just bought a 2011 Palomino 828RLS. It has the enclosed belly and I'm wondering how you can drain the fresh water tank? On my old Cherokee the drain was visible on the tank itself. I crawled around underneath and there are 2 hoses that protrude from the bottom near the fridge and another 2 near the middle front half of the trailer. Are those the drain lines? Sure would help mentioning something like that in the owners manual.

Thanls for any help.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #2

You should have a white valve underneather the trailer very close to the water tank. Should be close where you add the water to the tank.

Should look like this common one.
Dual Size Drain Valve with Flange (3/8" or 1/2" Barb) #22223

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFugate View Post
Sure would help mentioning something like that in the owners manual.
Sure would help having an owners manual that actually applies to your camper when you buy it.

The RV industry uses "generic" owner's manuals that apply to their entire line. Kinda like buying a car that comes with a zeroxed pamphlet that describes in detail how to drive a "generic" car.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
You should have a white valve underneather the trailer very close to the water tank. Should be close where you add the water to the tank.

Should look like this common one.
Dual Size Drain Valve with Flange (3/8" or 1/2" Barb) #22223
Nope, can't find one of them anywhere. Only thing remotely close to the fresh water tank is a blue hose (with a cap) sticking through the material enclosing the belly. Next to the hose is what looks likes some kind of vent. Only thing I know to do now is put water in the tank and remove the cap while monitoring the level to see if that is in fact the drain for the tank.

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Sure would help having an owners manual that actually applies to your camper when you buy it.

The RV industry uses "generic" owner's manuals that apply to their entire line. Kinda like buying a car that comes with a zeroxed pamphlet that describes in detail how to drive a "generic" car.
I hear ya. As much as an RV costs it seems the manuals could be a little better. I must say that the one I got with the Palomino is worlds better than the one I had with my Cherokee.

Are you active duty Herk? I did 25 years in the Air Force and retired in 2006.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #6

recently purchased a 2004 grand surveyer 291 and can't find a drain for the fresh water tank. does anyone have this trailer and know where the drain is
Old 08-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAC View Post
recently purchased a 2004 grand surveyer 291 and can't find a drain for the fresh water tank. does anyone have this trailer and know where the drain is
Does it have an enclosed bottom? If not you should see the tank located under the trailer, near where the tank fill port is located. It should have a valve like the one that Iggy posted. If the bottom is enclosed it could be a little more difficult. Still working on finding mine.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAC View Post
first, you put your post in the Palomino section, instead of the Surveyor section.
you should always post in the model-specific section, if you're asking a question that's particular to your model, like where is the FW drain.

my '07 Roo 23SS has the drain next to the FW tank, that's located in a cabinet next to the door.
does it have the FW tank inside or slung underneath the bottom of the trailer?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #9

tank drains

thanks for trying to help, new at this and not really sure how to post properly. the bootom is enclosed and the tank is under the bench seat for the table. the tank itself has plywood all around it so you can't actually see it. looked around where the tank is but can't find a valve of any kind. looked under but can't see any valve.only drains i can find are the lowest point drains which i used to drain the tank but i don't think thats what its for.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #10
Moderators' Assistant

RMAC, if you go to the forum's home page and scroll down, under 5th wheels/TTs, you'll see different brands listed with Surveyor in that list.
just post there for info specific to your brand.

mine has a black T-valve, right next to the FW tank. i pull it up and it drains. look and see if you have something like that.