Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #1

Thanks for all the help!

Thanks for all the help you good people have given me in regards to my quest for a new Colombus 320RS. Unfortunately, the dealer network was not nearly as cooperative. My wife and I drove 100 miles each way to the RV dealer in Fruitland City, FL. to look at a Columbus that, as it turned out, he didn't have, and after having made a prior appointment to order one, he said he didn't have time to talk as he had another appointment in Kissimmee. He said he would call me with a price as he new enough about my trade and what we wanted on the new fiver. That was going on 3 weeks ago. No call!

The next closest dealer to where we were heading when we leave FL. in Athens, IL., did call me back, but only to tell me he was so disgusted with dealing with the Palomino factory for the first unit he ordered, and all the mistakes they made, that he was not going to order another one and if I didn't like the one he had, he was sorry he couldn't help me.

A third dealer in Wentzville, MO. did give me a price over the phone, but it was so high, I figured it would have been a waste of time to try and negotiate any further.

So, somewhat sadly, my wife and I visited a local super center sized dealership, that I had gone to years ago and couldn't make a deal but we thought we'd give another try. They carry Forest River products but sadly not Palomino's. We ended up buying a brand new 39'-1" Montana by Keystone with all the goodies. Needless to say, it was considerably more money than the Columbus, but it was a quick, uncomplicated deal and they had the unit on the lot. We pick it up Sat.

Thanks again for all the great advice and experienced help. Maybe next time. Palomino needs to get their act and dealer network together if they want to sell me!
fivergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

maybe its just the dealer/s and NOT palomino ?

ALL conduct from dealers is not directly supervised by the factory
they are basically just an outlet to sell fr products .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #3

I agree it's possible to find an occasional bad dealer, however a bad economy and loss of sales would soon turn a bad dealership into a hobby shop. Other brands dealers have indicated a willingness to cut off body parts to earn my business. Just returning a call doesn't seem like much of a sacrifice to make a deal. My wife even chastised me for , as she said, drooling over the Columbus. There has to be more to this than coincidence that every dealer I contacted was a dud.
fivergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

IMO just from being on this forum there's more bad than good but thats my opinion .
In fact they should have called you back.

Also IMO dealers are more interested in selling a 100k to 200k coach then messing with a 40k unit.

glad you get it resolved !

I love my palomino and have had NO issues with my dealer nor palomino regarding any warranty issues.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote