Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Things we found washing our 320

Dealer always washed unit after maintenance and it has been parked since last August. Noticed on bed slide out things poking out from rubber roofing. Took pictures to dealer and they believe something has come loose and it will between 2-3000.00 to fix. Then showed them pictures of spider cracks that are to right about 8" from license plate one looks like something poking out in center other is flat. They are about 1" each and close together. Dealer said they would have to send it out they don't have paint booth. How much who knows. Then I told them about small cuts in topper on kitchen side. Four cuts about 8" apart in a line from roller to where topper is attached to rv. Looks like some one tried to fix one of the spots. Rv ordered with toppers, came w/o so dealer put them on. How Did it happen who knows but they said that they would waive labor but cloth would cost us about 250. Funny how things just happen to a unit that has been sitting under a rv carport. We want to go camping dealer says it needs to be fixed and I told them they always keep it about 6 weeks for repairs and I don't want to leave it that long. Husband said duck tape fixes everything so I guess we will camp and use the tape on the slide then see about getting these things fixed. I know things happen but on a Year old unit I just hate putting that much money out now that it is not under warranty. Maybe if it were older I would understand just frustrated. Jeane
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-999585742.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	34989   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1285896592.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	34990   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3769467241.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	34991   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4084418987.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	34992  

eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
Kinda looks like staples are trying to poke up through the roof on that first one. I wonder if that could be fixed by gently hammering them down, then a nice strip of Eternabond to seal it. JMHO

2013 f150 Ecoboost 4x4
2009 Gray Wolf, 22BH
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
Man, that sucks on a newer unit. It's too bad this happened just out of warranty, but doesn't that figure? I do hope that the dealer and FR treat you right on this. Please do come back and let us know what happens. The Columbus is one of only two RVs on our short list at this point, so I want to know if there are problems.
TV: '03 F350, Bulletproofed 6.0, SCT chipped
TV Nickname: Beastie Boy
miboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Our dealer wasn't the greatest when it was new but they have restructured and have a new crew. They were like oh well it will need to be fixed. I feel like they may not be any better but I did contact FR today and they asked for photos so we will see. But like Ervin has always said if it weren't for bad luck we opulent have any. Keeping fingers crossed.
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote