Old 11-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #1

Thinking of buying Solaire 226 RBK

Newbie here.

I have found a new 2013 Solaire 226 RBK for $18,000, pretty much loaded. I'm looking for any feedback on this model or Solaire in general. I have not found much info from users on this brand.

Thanks

Old 11-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
RV Enthusiast since 1978

Can't comment on this particular model, but can on the Solaire brand in general. We bought a 2013 269 BHDSK Eclipse Edition this past May. We love it and had a great first season with it. It's a smart looking unit that has people looking it over when we are in a campground. Quality and build is average to good in it's price range. We had minimal issues that were quickly looked after by our local selling dealer. The selling dealer is key for a thorough PDI and walk-thru with instruction and inspection with the purchaser. Our dealer resolved all issues during PDI and initial inspection and after a few trips out looked after issues that needed adjustment or small component replacement such as a motorized stabilizer jack, slide seal tearing due to not being installed properly etc. etc. We look forward to another great season early next spring .....can't wait.

Lou

.....the big rolling turd II is back in the driveway for another season of travels!

Glendale 290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #3

We took our Solaire on a 1,500 mile maiden voyage a couple of weeks ago and are pleased. There are a few issues that will need to be corrected at the dealership, but otherwise we are happy with the camper and are looking forward to a great season next year.

As the last poster stated, I would also consider the build quality to be average. For us, it comes down to having a dealership that will stand behind you when there are issues and making sure to perform routine maintenance.

Good luck in your decision.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #4

I can tell you that the floorplan of the model you're looking at is very similar to my Surveyor. It's a great floorplan for two people, with lots of storage space. I think the Surveyors and Solaires share a lot of features, and we've been very happy with ours.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
I can tell you that the floorplan of the model you're looking at is very similar to my Surveyor. It's a great floorplan for two people, with lots of storage space. I think the Surveyors and Solaires share a lot of features, and we've been very happy with ours.
That's one of the things I noticed about the OP's floorplan- lots of storage. Nice sized bathroom also.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #6

Happy with my Solaire 317BHSK

Nights camped: 2015 (4) as of 5/25 2014 (44) 2013 (26)
ProPride Review
Kash76 is offline   Reply With Quote