Old 02-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #11
I don't subscribe to the "better to have one and not need it" sentiment. It is not better to pay more and carry extra weight for something you don't need. I can see the issue of backing a trailer at 90*, just look at your wheels when you turn. I'm not sure if it does any alignment damage but it doesn't look like it does it any good. I've parked in a couple of campgrounds where the spaces were perpendicular to the road and while I can't understand why they set the campground up like that, I still had no trouble with a SB truck with no slider. I do wonder how the non-superglide sliders work as my pinbox is relativel close to the tailgate as it is. Do you have to run one of those 5th wheel tailgates or take it off?

2004 Wildcat 28BH
2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7CTD
fast murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #12
Thank you for your input to this subject, this is the great power of open forums, no opinion is wrong.

North49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #13
Don't believe the sliding hitch will do any damage unless only one brake holding on the camper.

Personally I don't think it's good to park and leave the axles twisted and in a bind from a hard turn. I did that once because a truck was in the way of pulling forward to straighten out. Was going to hook up and pull it back and forth to allow the tires and axles not to be bound up. Instead forgot and finished hooking up the camper and skirting it. 3 months later pulled to AR and back to OH when working. Found the tread wore smooth on two tires and axles were 1.5" out of sync. I replaced everything from the frame to the axle. I will say it's my fault more than poor cheap parts. It was a lesson learned if unable to straighten the axles I would jack up the axles to relieve the pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #14
Thank you for sharing your experience.
North49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:07 PM   #15
I have a Reese 16k manual slider. I use it every time I back into a site. I may not need to every time but it's so easy to do, so why not? It gives me just one less thing to have to look out for and that's a good thing.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote