Towing my Columbus 320RS
Just returned home after a 1000 mile round trip with our 320RS. Primarily Interstate, I-95 & I-20, with some bad sections. The Trail Aire Rota Flex pin box option was well worth the $200. It did a great job of smoothing out the roads. It towed great.
I posted this on another thread, but felt is was worth starting a new one:
If you are getting a Columbus, you might find this interesting. Some things I learned during my recent outing in our 320RS.
1) Read the manual(s) on the Toshiba TV and Panasonic stereo set up. Took me some time to figure out how to play my iPod through the system. Still learning! Sound system is killer!
2) If you plan on using the sleeper sofa, you might consider a memory foam mattress pad as that thing is HARD!. My daughter and husband slept on it last night. We couldn't get the queen size sheets to fit. Going to have to figure out which to use.
3) We should have popped for the upgraded mattress. We did get a King size bed, but we'll be installing a foam topper on that, too.
4) I made labels for many of the switches in the control panel. As you can imagine once you see all of the switches in there, WOW.
5) Read the manual on the thermostat. It's digital and programable. It's twice as complicated with two AC's.
6) My slides were noisy so I used a "dry slide lube" on the gears and some silicone spray on the guides. Made a world of difference.
7) We'll be modifying the two windows on the bedroom slide as we like it DARK.
Our 60# dog has the whole couch to herself as we looooounge in our recliners. LOVE the shower! Looking forward to years of enjoyment, and really looking forward to heading out to the mountains of NC in two weeks to go trout fishing on my favorite stream.
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
2007 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins
Reese 15K manual slider
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!