Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #1

Trail Air Tri Glide

Does any one have a Trail Air Tri Glide on their Columbus. If so what model is the Tri Glide? I am also wondering if it works well with the Pullrite slider hitches. I have A Pullrite 18K slider hitch in my truck now, and the standard pin box on my Columbus. Just wondering if this will make a good combination?
Jczreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #2

I have it on my 365 and it makes a big diiference as far as smoothing out the chucking and jerking that I experienced with my other 2 fifth wheels with the standard pin box. I would highly recommend the Tri Glide.
Days camped in 2014: 7
hihocarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #3

I am getting a 325 with tri glide. I too am getting
Pullrite 16k to pull it with. The question I have pullrite says that there is 2 capture plates one with grease fittings one without. I am trying to get my stuff together before it arrives so can anyone shed any light on which tri glide comes on the Columbus?
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #4

We don't have a Columbus, we have a 2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS. We use a Pullrite 16K slider hitch and just installed a Trailair Tri Glide pin box. Although we've only taken one short trip since installing the new pin box, we noticed a big difference in the way the trailer pulls. Worth the investment in our opinion. We feel it is a very good combination but these two devices perform different functions so using them together doesn't make either of them perform better than they do on their own.

First and foremost, you'll need to know which pin box you currently have to make sure your ordering the correct Tri Glide pin box. Our original pin box was a Lippert 1621. Chances are very good that your pin box is the same but you will need to verify that. The replacement for the Lippert 1621 pin box is the Tri Glide L05.

Sammy, the capture plate you are speaking of doesn't have grease fittings. The Trailair pin box does not have grease fittings on the lower jaw, the Trailair Tri Glide pin box has grease fitting on the lower jaw. Don't be confused, these are two different pin boxes. There are two different capture plates that can be used. One for a pin box with grease fittings, one for a pin box without. If you are ordering the Tri Glide pin box, you will need the capture plate that works with the grease fittings. Here's a link to a fitting chart to determine which Tri Glide pin box you will need. Again, you have to determine which pin box you have now before you can move forward.

http://www.ultra-fab.com/images/prod...hichpinbox.pdf#
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #5

Kevin; I am ordering Columbus 325 so the Tri glide pin box will be factory installed so if interpreting what you are saying then the factory installed tri glide box will have the grease fitting.

Thank for your response.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #6

That is correct. All you will need to do the is order the capture plate, assuming you go with the Pullrite hitch. You can get the part number from Pullrite and have the dealer order it and install it. Takes about a minute to install the capture plate...three bolts if I'm not mistaken.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #7

Here's a pic of the pin box with the capture plate installed. You can see the grease fittings on the lower jaw, hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tri Glide pin box.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	51170  
Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #8

I have the trailair on my 365 and it works great. Going down I-40 last week near memphis where the road is really torn up and I think it made a big differrence with the ride