Old 10-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #1

Trouble with Solaire eclipse 317 bhsk

I bought a new 2014 Solaire Eclipse 317 BHSK in June 2013 and about 50% of the trim has came off .. There is a fiberglass bubble on one side .. water tank was not screw in .. both sliders leak ( sometimes when it rains ) wall separated from floor on the big slide out...I have camped about 30 nights in the camper this year .. Has anyone had some of these problems ?????? Thanks GREG

Old 10-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #2

Get it back to the dealer. TOMORROW!!!!! You can't wait to report these problems. The bubble on the side and the wall separating really concern me. The leaks don't concern me too much but need to be fixed never the less. Good Luck. BTW...Where did you buy it?

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
One Happy Camper!

I have had similar issues with my 13 SolAire. Lots of trim issues, fiberglass issues, roof and window leaks just to name a few. I am bringing mine in over the winter with a promise from Palomino to make it right. I had a lot of issues and lost 9 weeks of this past season while it was in the shop.

Hopefully all of our issues get resolved this winter, or FR will lose me as a customer for life. We shall see.

SPPD

TV: 15 F-250 Crew 6.2 short bed, ProPride Hitch
1995 Jayco Eagle 304 BH sold- March 2013
1978 Nomad 18 sold- April 2005
SPPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #4

The dealer that we bought the camper from is All American Coach in Sylvania, OH.. We camp almost ever two week ( about 13 Pulls )and we have not taken the camper back to get worked on yet.. I did take it back to get the floor to wall fixed asap !!! None of the windows leak at all .. We had a outback by keystone before this camper and we feel that it was a better camper !!! My wife wants me to trade it in and get a different camper !!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #5

Also looking to do some update on the camper as well ... we have put a inverter in to run the small frigerater and want to put another water holding tank and slider cover in as well !! We run out of water in about 1 day .. There is four of us .. The dealer said that the holding tank is about 27 gallons on this model !!
Old 10-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #6
One Happy Camper!

We looked at the Outback and the SportTrek and last minute switched to the SolAire. The SolAire ended up being the more expensive of the 3, but we loved the color combination so that was the deciding factor. Quality seemed about the same with all 3. How this is handled by Palomino/FR will determine if we made the wrong choice. The SolAire does pull really nicely and hands down is one of the nicest looking lines out there. We turned heads at every campground we visited this past season. We always had campsite neighbors dropping by to compliment the SolAire. We are just frustrated with all of the issues we had this past season. I will be contacting my dealer this week to arrange the off season work on the unit. Our dealer Collier RV in Rockford IL has been great.

Good luck!

SPPD

TV: 15 F-250 Crew 6.2 short bed, ProPride Hitch
1995 Jayco Eagle 304 BH sold- March 2013
1978 Nomad 18 sold- April 2005
SPPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
RV Enthusiast since 1978

Greg;

Did your dealer do a PDI and thorough walk -thru and inspection of your unit with you before leaving the dealership? The reason I am asking is that most of the minor issues like trim issues , fit and finish items were resolved at this point. After our first trip out we discovered a few more issues like a power stab jack failure, small leak in bath skylight and awning led light half working and a torn interior slide seal that were all resolved in a 3 hour pre-arranged trip to our local dealer. All issues were dealt with quickly and professionally and we enjoyed a great season with our unit. The dealer unfortunately becomes the final step in the QC process. The entire RV industry still has a way to go on this .....even $80,000. Airstreams have their share of issues!

Getting an awning topper is a wise investment and I'd definitely get that fiberglass bubble dealt with before it gets worse.

Good Luck and let us know how you fare with your repairs!

Lou

.....the big rolling turd II is back in the driveway for another season of travels!

Glendale 290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #8

It has just been very hard to get camper to the dealer when we are camping every other weekend if you know what i mean .. calling dealer this week to get it in and worked on ... Thanks for the advice !! We did do a walk thru and the trim was good at that time and over the summer it has been coming off all over !!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #9

We bought ours in August and have had minor issues that are being worked. I pickup on Friday to see the results.

I am mostly disappointed in my dealer Pleasureland here in Minnesota, they are simply not going to bat with FR. When I called myself, they gave everything that I asked for without reservation. For example, my LED lights were interfering with TV reception. My dealer claimed that's the way it is. I knew better from this community and when I called they replaced all of my lights.
Nights camped: 2015 (4) as of 5/25 2014 (44) 2013 (26)
ProPride Review
Kash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #10

My camper is on its way back to the factory this week to get all the things fixed on it.. they are going to redo the fiberglass and the punch list i gave them .. see what happens !! Thanks