Old 12-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #1

TV bracket "upgrade" for 32 RCTS-6

With GREAT difficulty", I removed the defective 32"TV from our 32 RCTS and returned it to our dealer hopefully for a replacement. I say with great difficulty because, as far as I can tell, they must have installed the TV then built the camper around it. The wall bracket that is used does not allow nearly enough access to reach behind the TV for removal. I did finally remove it by tightly squeezing an arm between the cabinet and TV. I have know idea how I will reverse that process so...

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, perhaps you've found a replacement for the OEM version that allows better access.

I've seen some units with a releasable latch on the bracket, but apparently Sabre does not use that type.

SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #2

Mine does not have a latch, but when you pull on it it pops out of the locked position and then is on a swing arm. Then push it back in and it locks into place again.

When you took it off was there a bracket on it?

QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
Site Team

I installed bracket and TV in my last 5er. Tied a length of cord to the lever that locked it in place and let it hang below the TV, tucked under on the shelf. Pulled right to lock, left to release. Left a note for new owner with that info when traded in.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #4

Mine has no locked position. On the 32 RCTS the TV is mounted in a corner cabinet. It is simply 2 arms that swivel so that when fully extended it brings the TV flush with the cabinet front. If you push is back the sides of the TV hit the camper walls.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #5

This is something like the one I used to replace the one that came with my rig. I used a stud, which was right in the middle and attached. Works great but I use bungie cords to hold it in place while travelling, along with a large pillow between TV and the 2 slideout walls that come together when the slides are in.
MW Mounts™ 60 lb. Capacity Cantilever Wall Mount MW60C44
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #6

Simca;

What year is your 32 RCTS? Mine is a 2013/2014 and I also have the lock in place swing arm and not cabinet around the TV, just like QCCowboy. It Does indeed sound like they mounted the TV and THAN built the cabinet around it. Not very good engineering but we wont get into that. Maybe that is why they changed it?

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #7

Ours is an early 2014. (We actually ordered a 2013). I took a good look at our bracket and it looks to be about 30-40% custom made by or for Sabre. The wall side is an angle Iron wall mount with a very "hardware store" looking bracket welded to it. Not at all like what you might see for sale.

I'm now thinking of trying to find a replacement that will give me enough length the clear the cabinet (~18"-20") that I can mount on the custom bracket. It does look like a pretty elegant solution on Sabre's part from a low cost manufacturing point of view, but clearly not with service in mind.

In any case, I have no intention of reinstalling what I have so if others are still reading, please keep the ideas coming.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #8

Like I said. I have a 2013/14. Took delivery in July this year. I have NO cabinet around my TV. TV is wide open with cabinet below that has storage, stereo and fireplace......Maybe they changed things.........Look at some pictures of units on line and you will see what I mean. But doesn't make much difference, you have what you have....

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade