Old 05-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #1

Two stairs or three stairs - Puma 25RS

my puma 25RS has a two step fold down stair. Would a three step stair fit and be workable? Need one more step to help our blind border collie negotiate Getting in and out of the camper
thanks, Vern

Old 06-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #2

k, so I see there has been 81 views to this post, and not one response.....So did I unknowingly post a stupid question, known to all but me ??? I am trying to find a solution to help my dog who can not see...This Palomino Forum will eventually die on the vine if there is not enough participation...Are you not proud owner's or what??...Maybe you just don't care about dogs who can not see, and how to make things better for them...I give up ....If any of the 81 viewers has a response I would love to hear...

Old 06-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #3

My neighbor has a Puma with three steps. I think it's a 30-FQSS. It's a couple of years old so it may be a different model but that looks like the floorplan they have. The bottom step is a couple of inches off the ground on a level pad. I'm thinking about getting a 3 step for our Tracer because if we need to raise the door side, the last step is a big one.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcat1 View Post
k, so I see there has been 81 views to this post, and not one response.....So did I unknowingly post a stupid question, known to all but me ??? I am trying to find a solution to help my dog who can not see...This Palomino Forum will eventually die on the vine if there is not enough participation...Are you not proud owner's or what??...Maybe you just don't care about dogs who can not see, and how to make things better for them...I give up ....If any of the 81 viewers has a response I would love to hear...

Sorry that no one been able to answer the question for you. If I can't add anything I usually don't post a reply. It might be that others might not have an answer either. Your question is not stupid - I wish I could help.

I don't know if another board area would get more traffic or if changing the subject title would help or not. I didn't check where your post is located since I go to "new posts" or "recent posts" first to read.

Hopefully someone will be able to provide some feedback. I don't have the same type trailer or I would give it a try. Would your dealer service department be able to proive some insight for you?

BTW - when I first read the title tonight "two stairs or three stairs" I thought of it relating to a fifth wheel and almost didn't read the post.

Take care,
Terie

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Villa Estate 392FLFB

i took the 3 steps off my unit and put deck steps up to it.

really there is no difference between 2 and 3 in my opinion. if you put a portable step at the bottom it works just as well.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #6

If you're not getting the kind of responses you expect, maybe you should ask your question on another site. Try posting it on rv.net/forum. Many more people are on there.
BTW, you might consider cutting back on the caffiene.
Good luck.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #7

Is a three step the same height from the door to the ground as a two step? If so you have your answer.
Jack
PS...You are kind of new here...I think you will find that we are a very helping crowd here...your second post on this thread was rather harsh. That does not mean we are pansies that get our feelings hurt easily...it means you should read that post again...I think you will understand.
And yes we LOVE dogs...let me tell you 'bout our Cock-A-Poo's!LOL

2007 Chevy 2500HD 'Classic' with the Duramax engine.

Converting a 1956 GMC PD4501 Scenicruiser, ex Greyhound into a motor home.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #8

My neighbor's has the third step below what would be my second step. Like I said before the bottom step is a couple of inches off the ground on a level pad.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #9

Our Rockwood TT has 2 steps. We had a 14 year old dog that had arthritis & stairs were painful & hard for her. Until her passing, I used my late wifes' fiberglass wheel chair ramp. It supports 400lbs. and I could put stakes in the ground where it touches, then if needed, bungie the top to the last stair by some pre drilled holes for more stability. She loved it & we only wanted to help her so she could camp too. I purchased it at a local medical store, but its been a few years ago and I'm sure prices change. I also have a pet-step that folds in half that will support 250-300lbs. I use it all the time when pulling the pontoon up to a lakeside campsite. Once the dog goes up the ramp & knows what it's for, they will always use it. Hope this gives you some help.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #10

One other possible suggestion not yet mentioned. How about a step exerciser in place of replacing the two steps. We picked up one from the wallmart store for about $25. It has an adjustable feature making it 3 or 4 inches or about 6 inches high. Has a Gold's gym decal that I haven't been able to get off but that kinda gives the impression that I work out a lot (yea right).

Tags
25rs