Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
jsk

Uh Oh - we looked at a Sabre

We have a Wildcat. While we like it we made a list of things we would like to have. Monday we went to the local dealer (he was closed but his gate was open) and walked through some units. Then we walked into a 34-reqs and said this should be our next one. We got out our wish list and it had everything but 1 item (2nd ac already installed but it is prepped). It even had some things not on the list. We had seen the floor plan online and liked it but we liked it even more when we walked in it. Can anbody comment on the reliabilty of the unit? I also would have thought it would have 7k axles instead of 6k. Any thought? We are looking at each and asking do we do it or not? We both are thinking yes but it is a much bigger step than the Wildcat purchase. All of the #'s look good.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #2

We've had our Sabre 31RKTS-6 for over 4 years and it has been very reliable. It is a well built unit.
Sabre installed the 6,000# axles as an upgrade. The GVWR of the trailer you're looking at is around 13,700#. You have to remember that when loaded, almost 2000# of that is on the hitch; it's not all on the two axles. In order to get your trailer to its maximum weight (GVWR), you would REALLY have to load it up with "stuff".
You'll really like the Sabre.

Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

X2 but you won't like the sabre you'll LOVE IT!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
H2oski

Okay I have to admit, after looking for about a year we drank the cool-aid. After about 25 nights and less than a year we love ours. So far only a couple of loose screws and one blown outside speaker. I haven't called my dealer yet on the speaker. Just found it last week. X3 you will love it.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #5

Do it, you deserve it!!! DW and I had the 34REQS-6 on our short list along with 2 other 5th wheels. We went ahead and ordered one, hopefully 3-4 more weeks. Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
jsk

Thanks for the replies. I think my 'other half' is ready - just waiting on me to pick up the pace and make it happen. Hopefully the dealer will deal with us just a little. We have a trip already planned in 2 weeks - new or old rv does not matter we are headed to the beach.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
jsk

Another Uh-Oh - we bought it and pick it up Thursday. Time sure does not fly when you want it to.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #8

Congrats on the purchase, now the dreaded moving of the "stuff"! Can't wait to take our new unit to the beach this summer. Going to meet the grandkids for a grand week of playing like school kids in the sand.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk View Post
Another Uh-Oh - we bought it and pick it up Thursday. Time sure does not fly when you want it to.
Congrats!