Old 09-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #11

Requesting parts overnight or expedited is no guarantee. In my case, this request was made by my shop and me, on multiple occasions. Kaylan, the parts coordinator confirmed the requests and even provided fictitious or invalid tracking numbers. This has been ongoing for two months now, the parts were never shipped. This may be as simple as a performance issue of one employee or a result of a bigger factory system/process issue.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #12

We were at the Columbus plant in Middlebury on Monday and Tuesday of this week getting some minor repairs from our recent trip to Alaska. While waiting I was able to observe the 2 young ladies who are responsible for sending out orders. They were extremely busy and seemed to be really conscientious. They send out literally several dozens of parts each day. I also observed Cel the service coordinator. He was constantly getting phone calls and on the run all the time. We received super service and have no complaints. I would guess that issues that some people are having may be more related to those 2 departments being understaffed.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #13

lgray
it's your fault you should have taken your unit back to the factory and it would be fixed by now maybe. We have a similar issue over items missing when we took delivery (items paid for). Almost two months now, same story "they shipped on the 8th of Aug", "will track the package", "will call you back", "shipped another set", "should be there on Wed".
Being extremely busy is no excuse for deception.
Assemble the phone records / documentation and write a letter to Mr. Buffett.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #14

lgray
Please post pictures of the damage caused by the blowout.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #15

Oddly enough, I only took pictures of the tire for the insurance company, showing the 3-4 inch band of missing tread from the Akuret tire. This was the second of two blowouts. It happend at 55-60 MPH, in the exit lane. The tire shrapnel pealed back the sheet metal underneath the driverís side slide, in both directions. Somehow it flew up behind the rear tire. The forward metal damage was as wide as your fist and about a foot long. The wheel well fender was completely gone.
I got my rig back today and took it straight from the repair shop to the tire store to have the last two Akuretís replaced with Maxxis. You would be amazed at how thin and flimsy the sidewalls are on the Akuretís, compared to the Maxxis. I had the luxury of having them both in my hands side-by-side. Akuretís are time bombs and shame on Columbus for putting this junk on what is otherwise a great fifth wheel.
Bottom line, I picked my rig up today; it has been in the shop since July 8th. The shop was able to complete the repairs in one day. Almost three months, all because of the ineptitude of the parts process and/or staff at the Columbus factory.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #16

lgray, you're right about the weight difference between the Akuret and Maxxis tires. Bought my 320rs, pulled from dealer home , then to tire shop
and had 4 new Maxxis installed. Have put 5,000 miles on them in one year, no problems. Money well spent. Also got tpms.

Tags
columbus, parts