Old 08-21-2017, 03:52 AM   #1

Update on Palomino PaloMini tire sizing problem

In a previous message I posted that I noticed that the TT had 13" tires but the sticker stated that it came with 14". I called the Palomino rep. He checked and emailed me back that " We use a ST205/75R14C Radial Ply 6 Maximum load (lb.) 1760 Pressure 50psi". So I ordered the correct tires per Palomino specs and when I tried to install them, I ran into a problem. The tire works on the driver’s side but rubs the inside wheel well on the passenger side. crawled under the camper and took measurements and found that the body of the camper was assembled off center. Driver side measurement is from frame to edge of wheel well opening is 2 ¾”. Measurement on passenger side frame to edge of wheel well opening is 2 1/16’ and this is the side that rubs the 14’ tire.

UPDATE FIX TO PROBLEM. I contacted Forest River about the problem and was sent a lift kit to try to fix the problem. I then told them about the measurements between the frame and tires but got an answer. No surprise there. Was very hard to get someone to talk to and over all build quality not so great.

My fix was to remove the metal shield and cut out the wheel well 3/4" more on the right side. Put it all back together and that worked, no thanks to the factory. Went on camping trip last week without any wheel related problems.

Thanks Earl
Sgt York is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino, tire