Old 10-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsmeow62 View Post
I really do not understand your comments. I do not see where you think im advertising for Sabre. We probably wont purchase another and its not because of the decals! The decals I am getting are vinyl and don't see how they couldn't get anymore custom, they just do not match. Maybe I should just demand Sabre paint all the designs on!
By front Decal is it the (Bucktooth Cat)? If so Member (1100 Turbo) had some Decals on his Corn boards that matched his Cat! Youroo!!

Old 10-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #12

It is the big decal on the front cap of the RV. That decal comes in 2 pieces. Right now the bottom piece is on and the Vendor keeps sending pieces to see if the top matches up to the bottom. Its way off. And the color in those pieces do not match the color scheme on the sides. Yes it says Sabre in the middle of the decal.

Here is the damage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	damage1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	41875  

katsmeow62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #13

This is the new decals. The bottom clearly doesn't match the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new decal.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	41876  
Old 10-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Brand/model name.

If I was unhappy with a provider I dang sure would not advertise them for free.
I used to ask myself the same question when I brought a new vehicle - why should I advertise the dealer I brought it from?

In fact I made sure the dealer didn't put his name on one or two new vehicles before I took delivery.

Now not so much - I don't special order a vehicle now, so I just forget about it.

And most of the dealers here, and I assume most of them do the same, put their name on the vehicle as well as on the rear license plate frame.

In fact our new Cadillac came off the showroom floor with the dealers name on the front license plate holder in the form of a paper plate, so between the rear plate holder, the metal one on the rear and the front paper one, I was advertising the dealers name 3 times.

Wonder how much that's worth?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #15

you cannot print colours to match. Once a run is done, you can NEVER replicate it again with printing, hence the colour difference. YOu can have a 'dye lot' range up to 15% off from another set of decals done in the exact same colour..... All you can hope for is a lucky shot of getting the dye lots close to original. This is not new or exclusive to rv decals... Auto Body paint has similar but not as severe issues. Carpeting has mod to severe range in colour dye lots...
Old 10-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 hole View Post
you cannot print colours to match. Once a run is done, you can NEVER replicate it again with printing, hence the colour difference. YOu can have a 'dye lot' range up to 15% off from another set of decals done in the exact same colour..... All you can hope for is a lucky shot of getting the dye lots close to original. This is not new or exclusive to rv decals... Auto Body paint has similar but not as severe issues. Carpeting has mod to severe range in colour dye lots...

So a run would be 1 decal they make several of. Or could a run be a set of decals, say the whole set of front decals that go on my RV. If they can print both of the front cap decals at the same time would this take care of the problem?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #17

I had to replace decals on the side of my unit, they asked that I send a picture of what is left on there, then they matched it with the right one's. They had like 3 or 4 variations in that decal alone is what parts told me. I had to replace 3, and also like you wanted it to match.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #18
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsmeow62 View Post
So a run would be 1 decal they make several of. Or could a run be a set of decals, say the whole set of front decals that go on my RV. If they can print both of the front cap decals at the same time would this take care of the problem?
A run is a set of decals at a point in time.

If they printed the whole front cap, it would match.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #19

Thank you for the info! they are having a meeting today to discuss what to do. I don't know why they wouldn't print all the decals at one time so they all match!

Tags
sabre