Old 06-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #1

Warranty Escalation????

We have a new 2018 Palamino Puma Unleashed Toy Hauler and had it delivered last May 2017. This is June 2018 and we discovered that there is an issue with the roof and it was not glued down properly. We took pictures of the roof and there are wrinkles over the entire roof, which tells me (a regular guy) that the roof was not glued down properly. We purchased this through RVWHOLESALERS and they are talking with the forest river warranty guy (John Jones). After sending them all pictures of the roof Mr. Jones decided he will fix the roof only if we drive it back to the factory(900 miles). He will not pay for any expenses that we incur and that is his final answer. Apparently he is taking blame for the roof being installed wrong since he is willing to replace it. What he is not willing to do is pay a local dealer to do the work. That is NOT my final answer and i am trying to find information on who his boss is so i can contact them. If i need to talk with Peter Liegl then i will try that. If i need to speak with Warren Buffet i will do so as well since he only lives 5 miles from me in Omaha. With all of that said, if anyone has any ideas or how i can get email addresses or phone numbers that would be awesome. Thanks
Perry

Super6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #2

have you asked if they will pay to have it shipped to the Factory?

Old 06-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
Site Team

Have you talked to Dave Durnell, the co-owner of RVW?
He's a member here.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #4

Mountndream, The factory will be willing to ship it back but will not oick it up. I have ask the RVW warranty lady if they will do it and here is her reply "I can forward this to my Boss, but in all reality it is Forest River warranty and not RV Wholesalers and we did not build the coach. I did go to bat for you and did get them to OK returning it to you at no cost.

John Jones doesn't want to pay any additional cost and doesn't even want to pay to have a local dealer do it.

BikenDan, I have not tried to message him as I am brand new to this forum. If I can figure a way to message him I certainly will.

Thanks you guys for the info!!

Old 06-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
Head Rambler

So you were technically outside your warranty and they've agreed to fix it, and return it to you. And now you want more?

I'd say bite the bullet and take it back to the factory. If it's as you say and the membrane isn't adhered properly, then you want the factory to repair it. They will make sure it's done right. With a local dealer, you have no assurance that it will be.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #6

Rambler, I understand what you are saying but it's not like the issue happened right after the warranty was up. It's apparent that it was installed wrong. Besides we did pay for an extended warranty with it so it should be covered. As for it being done right, if it were done right the first time I wouldn't be in this predicament.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #7

Warranty's expire for a reason. No manufacturer is going to be willing to be on the hook for an improper installation forever.

My three cents......you're getting a great deal.......the factory will fix it, but you have to go to the factory (it isn't going to move). You do NOT WANT the dealer to fix it, you just think you do. That's my opinion. Been there, done that, and have the T-shirt.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:02 PM   #8

I am with the owner. He purchased a product that was not made correctly. FR should stand up and take care of everything to and from the factory for the repair. That is the problem the consumer is the one who gets the shaft. Another reason why should the manufacturer make and produce a quality product. When they can make the consumer pay. Sorry I grew 100 % cost should be payed by FR. Lack of quality control again.
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:25 PM   #9

I am in agreement the FR should be on the hook for the improper installation or materials used during the installation, however, FR is holding all the chips and the dice are loaded in their favor. The current owner has to bend or nothing will be solved. It stinks it is this way, and I do hope the owner can get a better resolution, but reality is, FR can tell him to shoo...go away...that they already have their money and don't want to be bothered.
'69 Chevy C-10, 396BB
alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:59 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I would talk to Warren Buffet if he lives that close, in fact drive the trailer over and take a ladder to show him. Can't hurt.

B and B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty