Before our last trip, we dropped the camper off at the dealership with a punch-list of about 20 items. They fixed a few, documented most and entered it "into the warranty system". I just dropped it off today for them to wrap-up the rest of the issues before my 1-year warranty is up (I didn't learn about the 2nd year until it was too late
). The dealership says that my camper is likely going back to the factory for issues with one of my slides. Bigger
1) Driver side slide in the bunkhouse pauses as it extended; looking from underneath, the black under layer appears to be torn from it
* This is the most worrisome. The slide literally has gotten worse on each trip since my mid-April trip. The underside of the slide is being torn up where a roller is. The dealer says that the slide needs to be pulled out to be checked out and fixed and that's beyond their capabilities. They said to prepare for the idea of the camper going back to the factory.
My bigger annoyance is that the dealer tried to tell me this was normal. And then told me that Palomino/Sabre said that they aren't using Schwintek slides anymore due to problems (like that was supposed to make it better/explain it). Fortunately, one of his techs argued for me.
2) Passenger side wheel skirt/fender is deformed (on the original punch-list when picking up the camper)
* This is problematic for the local dealer as the wheel skirt/fender is painted and the dealership doesn't have any ability to handle paint issues. If the camper goes back to the factory due to above- I really expect this to be fixed.
3) Driver side wheel skirt/fender has paint lifting near the caulk
* They said that Forest River would likely deny this. My issue is that they painted *over* caulk and cracking/peeling is likely to be an issue. I'm not sure what I want them to do here- but I'm not happy that the paint is lifting/chipping. If the camper goes back to the factory due to above- I really expect this to be fixed.
4) Dot of glue on the table needs to be removed (on the original punch-list when picking up the camper)
* Likely needs to be just scrapped off with a razor (but I want them to do it can be their problem if they scratch the table up).
5) Microwave door doesnít close unless you push the top-right corner (too tall for my daughter to reach)
* Fixed: they say that they shimmed the microwave and this should be fixed.
6) In the outside kitchen, the door for the slide-out tray for the cooktop doesnít stay latched and opens during travel
* I saw that the snap-strap to hold it back is too long and allows the cooktop to slide against the door. Had I realized this before, I likely would have fixed it. But it's in their hands now.
7) Both handles for the shower door have fallen off (that hold the 3 panes of glass)
8) Under the passenger side wheel skirt/fender, there is a piece of metal sticking down
* This was another one where they tried to say it was "normal" and that there's metal there to hold the wheel skirt/fender out. I don't care, it shouldn't stick down!
9) Driver side front storage hatchís gasket has shifted and appears to need to be glued in place
10) Slam latches for the front storage area do not latch well. All can be opened with a strong tug. Iím concerned that theyíll open during travel (it happened with our outdoor kitchen and we lost a grill tools set)
* Partially fixed: the tech said that he put shims under them. When he and I tested them later, 3 of the 6 latches were fixed but 3 weren't.
11) Left side kitchen sink doesnít hold water when the drain-thing is pushed closed (right-side does)
12) In the master bedroomís dresser, the top-right drawer doesnít close properly
13) Each entry door is difficult to close without slamming; the Ĺ bath door is significantly harder (to the point my daughter has issues closing it)
14) On the front entry door, the screen door sticks at the bottom corner when opening it
15) Can anything be done about the 4 kitchen drawers opening during travel?
16) Passenger side bunkhouse slide has a drawer that the bottom appears to be falling out.
17) There appears to be a bubble on the exterior rear of the camper; itís subtle and can be hard to see, but itís there Ė Iíd like to find out what it is and if itíll cause issues later.
* They said that this was normal. It's small and hard to see.
18) There appears to be a seam or impression on the interior wall between the kitchen/dinette area and the bunkhouse. I don't think it was always there and want to make sure it's not a sign of something more sinister.
* The tech said that he sees what I'm talking about but checked the wall by pushing on different areas and it doesn't appear to be anything loose. The service manager said this was normal "settling".
20) Landing gear seems to pop and groan while raising the camper off of the truck (once it's carrying the weight). At times it almost sounds like the crank is slipping. Not sure if this is normal or if it's something to look into.
* This was a classic. The tech came out to drop off the truck in their storage lot and *OF COURSE* the dang thing didn't sound like it normally does!
21) The A/C in the front bedroom is extremely loud; the TV needs to turned up almost the whole way to hear it and itís waken us up a time or two when it kicks on overnight
* They said that this was normal and it was because A/Cs are loud and it was a small room. I don't know- it's obnoxiously loud.