Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #1

Warranty Issues Columbus 320 RS

Is anyone having issues with the factory lately, both from a communication or consistency standpoint?
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #2

Not sure yet- took mine in yesterday for a few things including the "NOISEY" air conditioner-- they didn't want to do anything about it last time-- see what happens this time.. and the basement radio is a real pain--- if they don't replace it with something else, I WILL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #3

We are doing the PDI on ours this Monday will let everyone know how it goes, they have put a new stile radio in basement and screen door on from factory.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
Is anyone having issues with the factory lately, both from a communication or consistency standpoint?
Why do you ask?
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Factory Rep

The factory is always ready for input and there to handle questions and problems. I'm not sure what the statement was meant to convey .
Chris
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
The factory is always ready for input and there to handle questions and problems. I'm not sure what the statement was meant to convey .
Chris
My issues are the noisey air conditioner and the basement radio doesn't work right and up to the quality I think should be in a "Columbus"...
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Old 11-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #7

it is in now for the 2nd time at RV World in Ramsey,MN-- they do a great job for me.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Trailer Trash

Basement radio - do in essence a ctrl-alt-del to reset it. Remove ALL power by unpluggin the 120VAC cord, then rotate battery disconnect to off. Wait 15 seconds, then turn battery back on. Try basement radio. I've done this a couple times and it always reset it back to normal operation. Failures were buttons locked up for volume and channel up/down. Worked again after power reset.

When I plugged back in the shore power cord, all I had to do is reset the clock on the microwave and turn thermostat back on. I don't like flipping circuit breakers on and off as they tend to wear out and fail early causing them to magically trip too easy.

Noisy AC - bedroom or living room? I don't have the bedroom one but have read they are very noisy for trying to sleep. The living room is loud but closing the vent so air comes out room ducts vs. straight down make the unit much quieter. Reminds me of a window air conditioner in an apartment. Vent fan for bathroom and kitchen when on high are also loud as AC.

You guys with loud AC........louder than kitchen/bathroom vent fans on high or about the same?
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #9

[QUOTE=joelek;272029]

Noisy AC - bedroom or living room? I don't have the bedroom one but have read they are very noisy for trying to sleep. The living room is loud but closing the vent so air comes out room ducts vs. straight down make the unit much quieter. Reminds me of a window air conditioner in an apartment. Vent fan for bathroom and kitchen when on high are also loud as AC.

I am wondering if the a/c has a low/high fan settings on it? This would help with the noise somewhat at night if you could put it on the low speed setting.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo View Post
I am wondering if the a/c has a low/high fan settings on it? This would help with the noise somewhat at night if you could put it on the low speed setting.
Nope!. The AC fan has one speed. Then when the compressor for pumping refrigerant kicks in, it gets even louder.

If it's not too hot at nite, I can shut off the AC and bring the remote for the fantastic fan into the bedroom. The remote works that long of distance. I open the two windows by the bed. The fantastic fan sucks out so much air volume that a nice steady breeze blows past my head. The remote makes it easy to adjust temp/fan speed without getting out of bed.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #11

Factory Warranty Issue #1

My 320 RS was built, early this year, 2013 model year (March). The factory began to add the brackets for the JT’s in July, 2012. This allows for a very easy, simple install, requiring far less labor/cost. The warranty representative has agreed to pay for the labor (only) to install the JT’s for a member of this Forum, that like mine does not have the brackets. My request for the same was refused. That creates a consistency issue and penalty for those of us who purchased early.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
Factory Rep

Wait a minute. We added more than 1 item and will continue to do so. We strive to improve. As an employee , I am better today than when I started. That same process needs to apply to the product or it will be like others that never get better.
Now, the missing info about added items is this---- the dealerships paid for these improvements .
Units prior were less money. Most fifth wheels are now trying to copy Columbus and their extensive list of standard features. We still offer more product for the dollar.
Chris
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #13

LOL, Joelek! My husband says that is the height of laziness...but I say it is luxury! Let's enjoy the luxury! Still waiting for my Columbus...
ritzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzyteach View Post
LOL, Joelek! My husband says that is the height of laziness...but I say it is luxury! Let's enjoy the luxury! Still waiting for my Columbus...
No doubt it's luxury. My girlfriends parents bought a new Heartland Elkridge. More expensive buy $10K and not as nice as a Columbus. BUT, it has a remote control for the autoleveler, slides, and awning. All at the touch of buttons on one rempote. I responded.........how come the landing gear legs aren't on a remote.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
Most fifth wheels are now trying to copy Columbus and their extensive list of standard features. We still offer more product for the dollar.
Chris
Go look up Trilogy. A $90K fith wheel.
Trilogy 5th wheel
Now granted this is a hell of a sweet rig. But is it twice as nice for the price compared to Columbus rigs?????? NO WAY!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #16

What they MSRP for is not really relevant. With almost every option selected, MSRP on my Columbus was mid-80's. Of course I didn't pay that much.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #17
Trailer Trash

MSRP on the Dynamax Trilogy is $124,198. They lowered the price to $80K. And guess what, it's a Forest River product.
New 2013 Forest River RV Dynamax Trilogy 3650 RE Fifth Wheels at AC Nelsen RV Shakopee Minnesota AC Nelsen RV
Old 11-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #18

AH thanks, but I think we will stick with our Columbus 320S-- awesome unit!!!!
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
No doubt it's luxury. My girlfriends parents bought a new Heartland Elkridge. More expensive buy $10K and not as nice as a Columbus. BUT, it has a remote control for the autoleveler, slides, and awning. All at the touch of buttons on one rempote. I responded.........how come the landing gear legs aren't on a remote.
Exactly! Just the ticket!
ritzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj125 View Post
AH thanks, but I think we will stick with our Columbus 320S-- awesome unit!!!!
I second, third and even fourth that one!!! LOVE LOVE my EarthStation!! Did i say I loved it!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote