Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #1

Water pressure in 320 rs

Has anyone had issues wiith low water pressure in their Columbus' and what is the pressure set at on the intake regulator? I removed the Shower head and took out the water restrictor and drilled out the holes to a larger size only to have a slight increase in water presssure at the shower head. I then removed the restricter and stll very low output on the shower head so I can only deduce that the intake pressure must be low...any ideas?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Elaine View Post
Has anyone had issues wiith low water pressure in their Columbus' and what is the pressure set at on the intake regulator? I removed the Shower head and took out the water restrictor and drilled out the holes to a larger size only to have a slight increase in water presssure at the shower head. I then removed the restricter and stll very low output on the shower head so I can only deduce that the intake pressure must be low...any ideas?
It not just the Columbus, it is all FR products. They use 1/2 OD lines which reduces the ID automatically. We were able to atleast take a shower when we changed our head to the Oxygenic model from CW. It really helps being that it creates air. Very happy with it. There has been a lot of us who switched and I have never heard a bad word from anyone.I have tried everything to increase the pressure in the galley no luck yet. On my unit we do not have an intake regulator built in. I'm not worried about the lines busting but the fittings and connectors. Each connector will reduce the flow even more. I take my unit in next week for some work to be done on it, I'm going to find out just how much pressure is safe from them. I have an external preset to 45lbs. but I Know it can handle more if the park has it on there end.......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #3

My 325 is the same way
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
Captain of Industry

I had the same problem. I chose to purchase a reasonably priced shower-head since it was a trail and error test. That made a huge improvement for us.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #5

It's not the shower head. It's where the line connects, down under the faucet.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #6

Most starter kits from dealers come with a 40-45 PSI water pressure regulator. Your Columbus, like most newer RV's, can handle much more. I replaced mine with a higher pressure regulator from Camping World, 50-55 PSI, it helped.

I would also disconnect the shower and check screens, you may find the same stuff...styrofoam insulation, that likely blew out of your vents the first time you ran the air and/or heat.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Elaine View Post
get a watts regulator from the rvwaterfilterstore and set it to 60 psi. The camping world regulators are flow restriction type and actually reduce the flow. The watts do not.

You have it set up very well, although I would suggest that if you have it set at 45 like may be indicated in the picture, that you move it up to the 60-65 psi range. If the park has it, you will enjoy that much more performance out of your water system. Obviously, if you are too concerned about pressure in the RV, you may choose to leave it at a lower pressure. Your plumbing is rated at 125 psi, so half that should not be an issue. Of course, you may have it already set higher and the pressure at the park is only 45. Anyway, you are good.

Tags
pressure, water