Old 10-31-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
WE DID IT! + Delivery to your home?

After a lot of research we ordered a Palomino Sabre trailer, just sent out the deposit check (ouch!)! I guess we are a little apprehensive cause of this economy we live in, but the wife reasons that 1. the mortgage is paid off, 2. my job is somewhat recession? proof in that it's heating and cooling, 3. we live in new jersey and it gets cold here, hence the above observation, 4. you only live once, 5. the dealer gave us a good trade in number, and finally the sabre appears to be a well built, feature laden trailer. Giving the fact that it won't be delivered to the dealer for a good 5 weeks, and the said dealer is in ohio,has anybody had experience with having the dealer deliver 535 miles to your home and picking up the trade ? Just worried about the weather turning bad and such about us driving out to ohio with winter approaching. The dealer assures me that they use bonded delivery people that do a pdi at your home to make sure everythings o.k.and the dealer does a pdi at their end as well. Sorry about being long winded, too much coffee this morning!
Dave and Rainy

daverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Congrats Dave & Rainy on your new RV. 5 weeks will here quicker than you think and it will feel like an early Christmas present. As for the delivery and pick up I'm sure they do this all the time so they would know what they're upp against. Just remember to take your time and ask questions as well as make sure everything works. I'd start making a list just so you don't miss something with all of the excitement the day of the delivery.
I too work in the HVAC field, residential replacements. It's been a very busy year and the next two months will definitely be chaos trying to get systems installed before the end of the tax credits on December 31st.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
We own a 2010 Palomino Sabre 31RKDS and had our unit delivered from Walcot IA to Las Cruces NM back in April with no problem from either the dealer or the person contracted to deliver fifth wheel to our front door. Bought the unit based on reviews and only seeing photos on web.
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
I had ours delivered, no problems. I did not expect a lot from the driver other than getting it to me in one piece, and I was not dissapointed.....
I know several others on here had good experiences and did 2 hour pdi's and such with the driver but our guy showed up, we filled out paperwork, did a walk around, he ran the slide out and that was about it. He was back on the road.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
We too ordered our TT and had it delivered to our home, although I will point out I ordered from RV direct, the delivery person was very very nice and helpful, he didn't know all the ins and out of my TT. I had a leg up as I had a pop up before this trailer. Any knowledge you can gain about your TT or others well be very helpful. There were several things that I knew that he didn't know or said he would have to check on. RV Direct says you get the same PDI at home and the drivers are trained in the trailers and instructed not to leave unil you are 100% sure of the operations. I do believe the driver would have stayed and gone over more things but he knew the basics and that was it.
Still I am very happy with the $880 we paid to have it brought right to our home... Enjoy now you just have to wait.

2009 F150 SCREW4x4 Prodigy P3 and tow package Valley WDH and dual anti sway
2006 Party Barge 21 90 Merc Optimax
2011 RockWood 2702 SS arrived 11.10.2010
nights camped 2010 6
threegr8katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
YIPPPIEE !! IT's here!

Finally got our new sabre delivered at 8 this morning, just starting to snow...
Jeff the driver delivery person parked it where we needed it to be, went over the new unit, and left with our old one.. Funny, I wasn't upset about the old one leaving, and the wife was alright, although she was a bit teary eyed, memories, kids, events, etc. I think she's more excited about the new one! Well anyway, it sure looks well put together, will post some pics soon.
Dave and Rainy
daverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
Congrats on the new trailer!
I know you and your wife are excited and can't wait to take her out.

I walked through a couple of Sabres last fall and they are pretty nice. Our salesman said they were very good trailers.

Good luck and enjoy that new trailer!

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote